Someone to help change the clutch in a 1926 T Tudor

Dwight Romberger

My friend and I are looking for a coach to guide us in replacing the clutch pack in a 1926 Model T. My friend and I will supply all the manual labor, a four post lift., an engine lift and lunch and dinner of your choice.

What we need is someone to quide us through the process of pulling the engine and replacing the clutch pack. I don't want to overhaul the trans. or even change the belts, just replace the clutch pact. I have all the parts

I have adjusted the clutch fingers in as far as they will go.

I have replaced the spring with a new strong one.

It runs great in reverse and low, but just sits there in high gear.

We can do it almost any day at you convience.

Thanks,

Dwight

Guest tmdltim

Dwight: Pulling the engine is pretty straight forward. My suggestion for assistance is a request in both Model T Club websites for someone in your area to help. There should be folks that could come over to lend a hand. If there is no response from a e-mail request, then contact each national club and see if there is any member in your area. The MTFCA has various restoration manuals (one specifically on the transmission) and a CD that can walk you through the dis-assembly of the transmission once the engine is out of the chassis. Hope this helps. Tim

Dwight,

Tim's advise is right on. The Fordbarn site has a model T section that is very good also. The MTFCA has an excellent book that is specifically for rebuilding the T tranny. There is a lot more to it than just replacing the plates, as long as you have it apart the entire unit should be checked out for wear. Good luck