1927 Peerless Six-90 Sedan FOR SALE

Guest Brando & Joanne

Guest Brando & Joanne

SOLD!

PRICE REDUCED! $32,000

1927 Sedan Model Six-90 Peerless’ Collins Straight 6 Engine 4 door, 5 passenger, 70hp, 288.6 cubic inch engine, 128” wheel base, rear spare wheel, wooden spokes, 3250 lbs. VIN #8900603 New whitewall tires, new radiator, newly re-plated bumpers and lense trims. Peerless Owners Manual, Jack, Logo Embroidered Blanket. Lockheed Hydraulic Four-Wheel Brakes Older restoration as original, including mohair upholstery, bud vase and window curtains.

This 1927 Six-90 Sedan is rare … One of only Three on the “Known Peerless’ in Existence” list by the Peerless Motorcar Club. Just won "Best in Show" in Feb. 2014 in Gulfport, Florida. photos on our website www.oldwheel.com Pistorius Collectible Autos Antique & Classic Car Sales and Restoration Services Brando Pistorius (813)917-9205 Tampa, Florida USA www.OldWheel.com  Peerless outsold Packard in 1920  They were one of the most expensive luxury cars of the era. The top three in price and status where called the three P’s: Packard, Pierce Arrow and Peerless.  Peerless Motor Cars (Cleveland, Ohio 1900-1931) was the first company to adopt what would become the standard of automobile design, a front mounted engine driving the rear wheels through a solid drive shaft.  Barney Oldfield shattered world speed records with the Peerless “Green Dragon”  Many collectors believe the Peerless motorcars to be some of the finest automobiles built in the USA in the 1920’s renowned for their high performance and stylish luxury. However, Peerless is the rarest and hardest to find of the “three P’s” as it ceased producing cars in 1932 during the depression.  In 1933, ownership and management of Peerless organized the Carling Brewing Co. USA, just after Congress repealed Prohibition, and began production of the famous Carling Black Label Beer in the old Peerless factory. Other Peerless “Firsts” - Peerless was the first company to successfully use a flyball governor to maintain speeds. - They set a 1,000-mile endurance record and the fastest time ever in the Mt. Washington hill climb in New Hampshire. - Peerless was the first to use of aluminum in their side-entrance tonneau along with being the first closed formal body in American production. - Peerless was one of the first companies to use electric lighting. They used a Gray & Davis system as early as 1910 and then upgrading in 1913 to a single voltage Gray & Davis system which now included an electric starter.

Ask about delivery options!!

post-60295-143142276848_thumb.jpg

post-60295-143142389819_thumb.jpg

post-60295-143142389842_thumb.jpg

post-60295-143142389872_thumb.jpg

post-60295-143142389897_thumb.jpg

post-60295-143142389919_thumb.jpg

post-60295-143142389943_thumb.jpg

Edited by Brando & Joanne
SOLD (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Brando and Joanne,

I love looking at the photos of your Peerless. If you still have it please bring it to the 2nd Annual Peerless Meet in Wisconsin in 2014.

Does the Peerless have a ventilation system under the roof visor for flow-through air? Someone in England who is restoring a 1927 Peerless says that there are some air inlets on the underside of the large roof overhangs. I've never seen them before and wondered what they looked like and how they work. I'm guessing there are some outlets inside.

Re-reading your text I see it is a 5-Passenger car.

..........Thanks, Jeff

Edited by jeff_a
Additions (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest Brando & Joanne

Yes, and she just won a Best in Show in Florida a week ago! We continue to add extra's to her, like the new Eagle Hood Ornament and a Peerless logo embroidered blanket.

Brando & Joanne,

You posted on the Pierce-Arrow and Packard Forums a notice of your 1927 Peerless Six-90 for sale and a mention of the famed triumvirate of Peerless, Pierce-Arrow and Packard.

It would add a lot of "cachet"...but be very difficult to actually have all three of The Three Ps in one place. As best as I can tell, the whole world has only about twelve collections with enough depth to pull that off. Mostly because the Peerlesses are so rare[6 times as rare as Pierce-Arrows, 16 times as rare as Packards]. Even the Big Dog Garage(Jay Leno), Harold LeMay(biggest American car collection), and Reynolds-Alberta(biggest Canadian car collection) assemblages don't have all three.

I call The 3 Ps "The Triple Crown of Car Collecting".

P.S.: Congratulations on the best of show!!

P.P.S.: Some of the twelve are The Northeast Classic Car Museum, The Dutch National Motor Museum and The Tupelo Automobile Museum.

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

Guest Brando & Joanne

Well Jeff, last year we owned a 1929 Pierce-Arrow and a 1931 Peerless, but you are right though, although we have owned many Packards, just none at the same time as these 2 P's. We had 1929, 1930, 1938 Packards, just bad timing that we could not have them all at once. Cool idea though. We will have to try again! Do you think the grand slam of the 3 P's would be that they all have to be the exact same year, or could we get away with the same era? :-)

I think it would just be having one of each. One day I would like to have one each of the 3Ps...all from 1928...all with sixes, but that's just my personal interests. P.S., it helps if you are a billionaire, as a couple of the 12 "3Ps Collections" owners were when they put them together.

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

Packards were made just south of Cleveland in the beginning. Packard, Peerless and Pierce- Arrow were very similar cars in the early years selling for about the same price All three received perfect scores in the 1905 Glidden tour with Percy Pierce winning the popular vote. Early writers of automobile magazines referred to them as the three P's. By 1920 the 3 P's went different ways. Packard was sporty and stylish, Pierce-Arrow was more sedate and was known as the bankers car. Peerless on the other hand had developed their V-8 and running gear that was going 200,000 miles with only minor repairs.They decided to keep their body designs the same so an older Peerless would not be out of style. Not the thing to do in the roaring 20's. Sales went down and there were three stock take-overs that didn't help sales. In 1929 Count Sakhnoffsky was hired to design the new Peerless and try to re-gain their prestige, but it was too late, with the depression not many were able to buy an expensive car. Peerless the decided to make something that everyone could afford--BEER

• 1 month later...
Guest Brando & Joanne

Great background info! I love the histories of these great cars. I wish I could get a hold of some Carling Black Label Beer to sell along with the Peerless. This is the beer company they converted the car manufacturing plant to brew their beer in. It seems Carling is now only sold overseas, or at least I can not find it. Any help out there (Hey Mabel, Black Label!) is appreciated.

By the way, a few posts ago I missed answering one of Jeff's questions about air flow. The windscreen winds up (not "out" like other cars) about 4". That along with the wider than usual sun visor make for enough shade and air flow for a comfortable ride. We are down in Florida, and it has sufficed pretty well so far :-)

By the way, this beauty won a "Best-in-Class" at the FOS Amelia Island a couple of weeks ago. We need the space to start a new project, so spread the word, she is going for a fabulous price. Just reduced to $34,000. We can even work with the buyer on delivery options. Cheers!

Brando and Joanne,

Thanks for mentioning your raise-up-and-down windshield. Both the front and rear windows on my Peerless crank up and down. What I was getting at was the underside of the built-in roof visor. Do you have any louvers there? I've never had a good look at a closed '26-'27 Peerless in great shape.

I think that Carling Black Label is still brewed in Georgia and Ohio.................where you can buy it is a total mystery. No way to know. I tried contacting Pabst Brewing Co. a couple of times to find out {supposedly it's one of about 20 brands they produce} and got nowhere. I even applied for a job with them. No doubt they'll offer me a position and after a working my way up in their organization I'll be able to tell you(!).

Congratulations on winning another blue ribbon for our brand and the "Three Ps of Motordom" at Amelia Island!!!

• 1 month later...