1958 Buick wagon cargo area

frame30

The Estate Wagon is coming along nicely. The rear wheel tubs were nicely covered by Trevor Brown Upholstery in Edmonton (yes, they kept patterns).

Now the main cargo area. Does anyone have any experience in gluing down the rubber matting to the various cargo and seat areas? I tried weather-strip glue but it would not stick.

Thoughts?

Cheers. Michael.

• 10 months later...

Michael, where did you get the linoleum for the cargo area? I am looking for a source for my 1957 Estate Wagon as well. Also, are the rear wheel tub material a formed material like the originals or a stiched material, made to a pattern? Would like to see pictures of them especially. Jim

Dear Jim: I'll try and get some pics soon-ish. The Edmonton International Film Festival starts Friday and, as Chair, I get a little busy. The rear wheel tub material was hand made by Trevor Brown Upholstery

15679-116 Avenue

Edmonton, AB T5M 3W1

P 780-451-1812

F 780-454-8589

http://www.trevorbrown.com/ Ask for Nelson as he did keep patterns. The "linoleum" came from Ciadella Interiors gina@ciadellainteriors.com . I think they are out of Arizona. The glue I used as a 3M Super heavy duty spray adhesive in a can. I found that once you have them cut, let them lay in the sun to flatten the material out a little. Hope this helps. Oh, I do have an extra 57 tailgate emblem if anyone needs one. I'm still looking for the illusive "E". Cheers. Michael.