Torque tube oil seal

Bhigdog

I thought that was just normal, mine does it too. I just drain the excess out of the rear and add to the transmission on occasion. I have bought the parts to repair but won't tear it down just for that. I'll wait till it needs more work. Will be watching this thread for info and inspiration.

I've also been doing the drain/replace dance but I think I'll try to do something about it this winter. As near as I can tell, but not sure, the after market fix is driving the existing seal further down the tube and driving in a re-pro replacement. Not so sure I like that fix. I have a spare rear I played with today. I made a puller and removed the front bushing. I can see the seal further down the tube.

I'm thinking i can machine a new bronze front bushing with a lip type seal as part of the assembly. This would fit in front of the existing seal which I wouldn't disturb.

I've just started going down this road and thought I'd ask to see if anyone else had any experiance I could draw on. Thanks for the reply..............Bob

Edited by Bhigdog (see edit history)