Can you help me identify the year and model - Brush and Model T

Guest Chashomer

Guest Chashomer

These man in the picture is my Grandfather, Dr. H. H. Burroughs of Conway,South Carolina,

He owned the Brush prior to owning the Model T. My Father said the Model was more suited to the dirt roads . There are documented accounts of my Granfather jumping ditches with the Model T when he was in a hurry to make a house call.

The photo of the Brush was probably made about 1910, what is the year and model of the Brush?

The photo of the Model has a note on the back that it was the fourth Ford sold in Horry County, South Carolina. What is the year of the Model T?

Thanks

post-94356-143142265013_thumb.jpg

post-94356-143142265018_thumb.jpg

Guest Chashomer

Thank you very much. The photo is incribed on the back "4 th Ford Sold in Horry County(South Carolina). My Granfather was the first surgeon in the county, he started practicing in 1900, he had owed a Brush prior to the Ford. There are document stories of how when in a hurry he would jump ditches with the Ford. My Father said when someone complained about his driving that he would simply remove the steering wheel and hand it to them. ( How could he steer it if the did that?) Thanks

Charles Burroughs,Columbia, SC

Guest Chashomer

Do you know anything about the lights on the car? The big light that looks somewhat like a spot light appears to have a cross or medical insigna on it in the original photograph.