Fron disk brake convertion kit 1940 olds series 90

Guest drcheco66

Guest drcheco66

Hi

I recently bougth an 1940 Olds series 90 to restore, i want to do this leaving its original style, its a a nice car , comes w/ original 8 cilinder engine , and we are looking for only 2 small mouldings and the rear logo in the trunk. This car has drum brakes , and i think that must be better to have disk brakes in the front, i did my web serch and found conversion kits, but only for 60 and 70 series, and the seller told me that cant fit to 90 series, but someone says to me that spindles in 40-56 models are the same. I dont want to buy something that i am not going to use.

I hope Someone can help me.

Here are some photos.

I live in Mexico and this is my yougest son named patricio ( Patrick ) he was realy happy the day we picked up our new project.

Tanks

post-97457-143142264135_thumb.jpg

post-97457-143142264139_thumb.jpg

drcheco, a http://www.antiqueolds.org/ membership will help you with parts and information for your Series 90.

I don't think my parts books go back as far as 1940 so I can't say the 60 and 70 use the same spindles as the 90.

Those cars had big brakes so you may not even need to convert to disc brakes. Discs stop a little quicker, but unless you're in heavy traffic or mountains, the big drum brakes should work fine if you can't find a disc conversion.

Looks like Patricio is looking forward to the day this fine 1940s car is restored and he can drive it!

Guest drcheco66

Tank you for your help, i¨m going to wait to test this drum brakes, and if work properly stop thinking about that convertion to disk brakes.

And Yes, Patricio said that he will drive this car with engine turned off ultil he get 16 years old and could drive w/ driving permition.;)

Its realy nice to find people who can give you advice in this place.