For sale 1939 Hudson

jay 1966

Yes the cars located in Stafford Springs Connecticut. It's a 112 model with a six cylinder. I don't think it has the auto clutch. No radio has a heater.

Hi Jay,

Nice looking car, however actually, it is not a '112'. The 112 (Model 90, Series 90) have headlight 'buckets', attached to the sides of the front grille assembly. Series 98 also has the same front end assembly and headlight 'buckets' as the 'Model 90', but those are part of the commercial line which included 'Big Boy' pickups.

As an example, below is a picture of the front view of a 1938 Hudson 112 - very similar to the configuration of the headlight buckets on the '39. Notice the headlights on the grille -

post-35892-143142265841_thumb.jpg

Here is a picture of my own 1939 Hudson 112 Model 90 'rust bucket' (pending restoration) -

post-35892-143142265845_thumb.jpg

Your car is most likely a Series 91 (Pacemaker) or Series 92 (Hudson Six). If you can provide the serial number, it will 'tell the tale' - as the first two numbers (probably 91 or 92) will indicate what series/model the car is (many can tell from a glance, but not me - I just know it isn't a '112').

Regards and good luck in your sale -

Rick

Edited by 46HudsonPU (see edit history)

Vin number starts with a 91

Ok, that makes sense. According to the 'History of Hudson' by Don Butler, it is a Pacemaker Touring Sedan. That was/is the lower priced version of their (at the time) newer-styled cars. It was not as well equipped as the Hudson Six. According to the book, it weighed-in at 2,867 pounds, and cost $854 in 1939.

Hudson actually made 'one' Hudson Pacemaker pickup truck (a prototype - see picture below) - Which has never been found. Most likely, it was destroyed.

post-35892-143142265862_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...