Want To Buy : 37 trunk lid locking hinge

oldstyle

More info....my hinge had been repaired by a PO many years ago when stick welding was the only way to go. The ugly welds you see on the 'arms' are no mine. They really screwed it up. The arc of the arms were off and the two 'cogs' or gears had their teeth torn off or flattened. Getting it apart will require grinding some peened pins. It won't be easy so take plenty of pictures as you go. The shaft that holds the cogs is oval shaped on the end so if your cogs need replacing the orientation of the oval hole and cog teeth is important. Also the tooth gear in the center has to be aligned with the cog teeth also. I took large thick washers, made the round center hole oval, scribed the layout of the cogs plus final diameter. Cut out the excess material between the four cogs the heated to yellow hot the cogs and bent them to 90 degrees. It ain't easy but can be done.

BTW, do you have the warning tag on your spare tire carrier on how to close the hatch? Mine was faded and unreadable. Their's a guy in the club who sales them, and price is right.

good luck.