62 Starfire I need a rear bumper and some front trim

Guest Coffeeguy4

Guest Coffeeguy4

Hey all,

I took off my rear bumper and I'm lucky it didn't fall on my head. The bottom of it was very rusty. Rest of the car is pretty rust free. Anyway I need a different bumper. I'm looking for a nice straight unit with decent chrome. this is a driver. My backup lights are in good shape so I don't need those.

Also I need the big aluminum panels for both front fenders, AND the chrome piece that goes on the bottom of that aluminum panel, behind the front tire, and ahead of the door. I believe it have 4 posts that go through the fender for fastening. Again, this is a driver and they don't need to be perfect, but I would like them nice.

Thanks,

Rick

All things considered, the rear bumpers should not be terribly hard to find; they are the same across the board for all full-size 88s/98s/Starfires, with the exception of the Fiesta wagon. I see them on eBay from time to time in various conditions; also there are the boneyards out west which should have some good examples to pick from.

As for the aluminum panels, the boneyards may be a solution, sure, but that is a taller proposition, as the majority of existing panels, particularly those on donor cars, are likely to be nicked if not damaged in some way, and rendered not usable. Also, there were at least two, perhaps three, original suppliers of the aluminum panels, with differing degrees of coarseness (for lack of a better word) on the surface, so what comes off of one car may not quite match up with another.

Fortunately, there is a supplier of these panels, Jaswest out of Ontario, Canada. They are 100% true to the originals, and my suggestion would be to at least look into this option, as this ultimately would be the best solution. Their website is www.jaswest.com; Steve Westlake would be the man to contact.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...