1937 Plymouth PT50

Peter R

Hi new to forum and just picked up a '37 Plymouth pickup. Needs some work and I am not finding a whole lot of info online. Hoping someone with some knowledge about these trucks wouldnt mind sharing. I'd like to start with the wiring as I will need to be able to move the vehicle. Any chance someone might have a schematic for the wiring. I intend on keeping it 6 volts. I am also going to be making a front bumper bracket and I seem to be able to purchase either 1 1/2' or 2" flat steel .. any suggestions?

Thanks for any help

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi new to forum and just picked up a '37 Plymouth pickup. Needs some work and I am not finding a whole lot of info online. Hoping someone with some knowledge about these trucks wouldnt mind sharing. I'd like to start with the wiring as I will need to be able to move the vehicle. Any chance someone might have a schematic for the wiring. I intend on keeping it 6 volts. I am also going to be making a front bumper bracket and I seem to be able to purchase either 1 1/2' or 2" flat steel .. any suggestions?

Thanks for any help

Nice truck! I have a 1937 Dodge MC, and it's virtually identical. Happy to help you with parts sources. I bought a cloth covered wiring harness from Rhode Island Wiring and was very pleased with it. May have a bumper bar that is restorable. Also just bought another bed for my truck (had to do a frame off restoration) and have a very nice Plymouth tailgate that will be available in a week or so.

If you care to catch up to compare notes, feel free to send me a private message and we can exchange contact info.

Thanks

Vic

Guest wsw7791

I won't snipe him, but if he does not need the tail Gate , I would be interested in it . We are restoring a 37 Pt50 that the tailgate has seen better days. It has been a Midwest rust belt truck its whole life but is to cool not to save. Please let me know if he does not want it, or if you have any other parts you want to sell . Thanks. My email is wsmith__77@Hotmail.com

Nice truck! I have a 1937 Dodge MC, and it's virtually identical. Happy to help you with parts sources. I bought a cloth covered wiring harness from Rhode Island Wiring and was very pleased with it. May have a bumper bar that is restorable. Also just bought another bed for my truck (had to do a frame off restoration) and have a very nice Plymouth tailgate that will be available in a week or so.

If you care to catch up to compare notes, feel free to send me a private message and we can exchange contact info.

Thanks

Vic

• 2 months later...

Hey Vic I have the stainless trim for a Dodge truck. The trim that surrounds the grille opening. I have a few pieces, they wont work on my Plymouth truck as they are not long enough to reach the middle of the narrow Plymouth center trim.

JR

JR....thanks for the note. I have nice trim moldings for my truck. Just trying to figure out how to reattach them? Most of my original clips were missing and can't seem to find anything that will work. Appreciate any ideas or suggestions. Those moldings are quite desirable and you shouldn't have any trouble selling them. Have you thought about eBay?

I am starting to let go of some extra parts I have, including a complete bed, Ply tailgate, 1936-37 Dodge center grill and crank hole cover, and a few fenders. Will probably post this stuff in a few days, but feel free to share this.

Thanks

Vic