Graham Hollywood

andrew49

Hi,

I am from England and am interested in both Graham Hollywoods and Hupmobile Skylarks.

What I am trying to sort out is how many different models were there? I know of -

Clipper, Hollywood and supercharged Hollywood. But were there others and if so what were they. A full ist of all Skylarks and Hollywoods/Clippers would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Andrew

Twickenham, England

Hi

thanks for the reply - appreciated.

I think I expressed myself badly. When I was researching what model Skylarks there were I found -

The Flagship, the Mainliner, the Cruiser, the Sportster, the Corsair and Custom models.

Looking at the Hollywood range I found -

Clipper and Hollywood. Some Hollywoods were supercharge but they introduced anon supercharged model in 1941. Their convertibles were called Corsair too.

Now am I missing something or just plain confused??

Andrew

The names you mention were only found in the marketing literature. Graham used model numbers, 107, 109, and a couple of others but I forget what designates what. The marketing literature alludes to the Clipper, Corsair, etc but those nameplates were never found on actual manufactured car.

• 1 month later...

Andrew,

From the little knowledge I have... there were 4 Graham Hollywood convertibles built. I talked to Royce Dunn he restored the first one (#4). He had his car (#4) and parts from one that was crushed (#2 or 3?) (and pictures from the former owner, including convertible only steering wheel) it was a highly custom built car offered in a two passenger (rear area covered with) and a four passenger car. Royce's car was originally a 2 passenger car, it was converted back to 4 passenger before he got the car, he restored it as a four passenger car. Recently #1 was discovered.

post-67048-143142293558_thumb.jpg

post-67048-143142293561_thumb.jpg#4

post-67048-143142293565_thumb.jpg#4;Hupp:#1

• 1 year later...

"Production" Hollywoods came as Hollywood Custom (1941 - model 113) or Hollywood Custom Supercharger (1940-41 - model 109).

The Hollywood Clipper was to have been a lower priced line in 1940 but never got past being an illustration in advertising material.

The Hupp version came only as a Skylark Custom - model RQK and series R-015 for 1940 and R-115 for 1941. The Flagship, Mainliner, Cruiser, and Corsair were just like Graham's Clipper - never got past being an illustration in advertising material. Skylarks built in 1939 (R-915) were considered pre-production prototypes.