Up a creek....is only half the problem!

Guest Foggy norm

Guest Foggy norm

Never mind there are no Paddle's! Just recently had a fire in my little workshop and lost some very scarce item from a Fleetwood 7 pass. 39 Caddy. The window frame's/garnish molding's are lost...they were wood. And the floor grill for the rear heater...melted, I believe it was aluminium. There were other part's but these are the most obvious. Any help or leed's would be appreciated.

• 3 months later...
Guest 1940LaSalle

Fog: are you a Cadillac / LaSalle club member? If you're not, I'll check the classifieds in the club's magazine for a few suggestions of sources but to get you started, I'd contact John Gately at 617 445 3300. He has lots of relatively obscure parts (I should know: he was able to provide one for the front end of my '40 La Salle), and may well have what you need. You do need to know that he's old school all the way: no credit cards/all payments by paper check; no internet presence; all business transacted through the mail once you've established he has what you need; no nonsense and totally above board. Lots of Cadillac/LaSalle Club folks work with him and his reputation is sterling.

Good luck. Let me know if I can help further.

Guest Foggy norm

Not a member, to really enjoy club's having a driver is nice. Still looking and asking around. Yeah, I'm kinda old school also, compounded with being a bit phone shy. I didn't want to bother anyone on a sunday so I'll try to muster some courage and make a call. Thanks much for the reply....norman