Need help with Tie rods

VickyBlue

Rebuilding the steering. 37 Coupe

R hand outer tie rod has R threads and the castle nut is 7/8. The part number I was able to cross reference is 231948 also have ES 262R

R hand inner tie rod has L threads and the castle nut is 3/4. I do not have part numbers for the inner.

I can only assume, as I have not taken the L side apart yet:

L side outer has L threads. Part number I was able to cross reference is 231949 or ES 262L.

L side inner has R threads.

My question is due to the difference in size between the Inner and outer, does any body have done theirs and have part numbers and vendors handy? I mainly need the inner ones, as I think I have the outer ones from Rockauto.

Thanks guys :)

This is how they look:

Inner

post-81824-143142245761_thumb.jpg

Outer

post-81824-14314224577_thumb.jpg

Both shafts measure the same... I swapped the inner with the outer and they fit... That means the for some reason someone used a different size castle nut into the inner tie rods... Which it means I need two R thread ones and two L thread ones. Same size. I think I just answered my own question...

I have a pair of Thompson tie rod ends. RS29. They are brand new. One clamp bolt is missing. Someone said these were for mid thirties Pontiacs. If they would cross reference to fit you car you can have them for shipping costs.

Reid