Sold my 37 Zephyr Sedan and bought...

oldstyle

• 2 weeks later...

Nice looking sedan, congrats. Good looking colour too, but then I may be slightly biased there.

The cowl vent handle can bolt on either side of the vent (for right or left hand drive I guess), easy fix if it bothers you.

The holes you mention , if you mean the ones in the closing panels from the lower dash panel to the firewall then they are for the heater outlets. They should have an adjustable chrome pod in them.

Paul.

post-31207-143142259571_thumb.jpg

About those holes on the console covers ... it looks like your car never had the heater system. I *think* what you are a very early version of the heating system vents, which may or may not have been used depending on whether the heater options was installed. I have a later 37 and the heat outlets are up higher and are basically holes cut out with chrome half-domes that can be opened or closed. Cool looking car all-around, though!

Edited by CBoz (see edit history)

Hey Cecil, I think you are right, but when you look at oldbuicks pics you can see what looks like a hole cut in the same place as the heater outlets on yours. It's a bit obscured by the cowl vent handle but from what I can see it looks like it could be a heater hole (especially if there is one each side. Maybe somebody cut some in over the years.

I thought the holes that oldbuick was asking about were the top holes and not the bottom holes. I could well be wrong though :)

Paul.

Yes, I was talking about the top holes that are cut out on each side. It is hard to see them in these pictures. There are also a lower set of small holes cut in a pattern.

Cecil, same holes you have in your pictures.

Too be honest, I'm not sure what the lower pattern holes are for either!