1900 Locomobile Style 2

I had the pleasure of seeing a 1900 Locomobile that has been with the current owner for over 60 years. From what he told me, he is the 3rd owner and has not displayed this car other than riding around his property. This car was made in Bridgeport CT and the serial number is below 2710. (He won't allow me to publish the actual number) Does the serial number indicate when it was built? The owner is in his 90's and was a machinist but kept the car original. He now has a co-caregiver for the car. I am trying to find out information about the car before the first owner. Any information will be passed on to the gentleman. Thank you in advance for any help.

• 1 month later...
Guest djmcnab

Did you ever find any information about this steam car. I have a 1901 Victor steam car. Victor was bought by Locomobile in 1903, but all along the cars were VERY similar. I do know an individual in NJ who has a 190? Locomobile and knows quite a bit about the very early steam cars. My Victor was owned by my wife's grandfather until he passed away earlier this year. I just fired it up & drove it around the block for the first time today.

Regards,

DJ