Woodie on Monday Night Football

MalibuBill

According to the below there was a woodie on Monday night football. I can report that the Dodgers beat the Cardinals that night. Go Dodgers. Nevertheless, I have copied the below since a woodie reputedly appeared on a football game.----Bill

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We happened to catch video of a '47 Chevy woodie during a break of the Monday Night Football broadcast from San Diego. I thought I recognized the car as Marv Miles'. I just happened to have the Wavecrest program Mickey had passed out at the meeting right handy there in the motel room (in Annapolis, MD) and remembered seeing Marv's ad in it. It checked out, except that the program pic was older and didn't show the reversed wheels Marv has on the car now. So I wrote to him to check when I got back in the office today. Here's what he sent back. The link has some background on the shots they take in the home town of the football game and some still shots showing Marv. I don't know if there's any place to find the actual film.

I'm sending an item to Dave Kagan for the web site while it's fresh.

John

Begin forwarded message:

Date:
October 16, 2013 12:39:56 PM CDT

To:

Subject:
Fwd: Monday Night Football ESPN article

<b id="yui_3_13_0_rc_1_1_1381948593785_30051">
This will give you a little background. Allen Powers called me a few years ago, as I was the current President of San Diego Woodies. Allen and Joel do the local shots of all the cities where ESPN does the Monday Night Football. They wanted to do some beach shots with Woodies. I was able to get a location where you can drive a vehicle out on the beach. That year was just still shots.

The next year we did a video from inside Rocky Brown's '33 Ford Woodie. They had Rich Grosch and his '49 De Soto, John Casey and his shoebox Ford, myself with my '47 Chevy and one more car that I can't remember.We all drive past Rocky's car as they video taped.

We did not do anything last year as they used photos from before.

This year they wanted to do a sunset video along the water. I invited two other members of San Diego Woodies to join in, however, their cars and/or schedules did not work.

So, Saturday, October 12, we met at the Children's Pool area of Coast Blvd. in La Jolla, Ca. around 5:00PM

Official sundown was 6:19PM so 1 1/2 hours of video tape turns into 19 seconds on MNF.

They did shots inside the car, an outside mounted camera and tripod mounted in the middle of a busy street.

Great Fun!!

Marv Miles

Here is the link....

</b>