What happen to the "Way of the Zephyr" mag?

Beltfed

Since I had no response to my question I called "Cornerstone" today. The very nice lady said that no issues of the mag have been sent since the May-June issue. She was of the belief that the next issue will soon be sent. As to a reason why it is so late, she had no idea.

The rest of this posting are my thoughts and mine alone. If money is the issue, then the "powers that be" need to address this quickly. I'm sure that a number of the members of this club have a deep understanding of how to make money. Someone needs to reach out to them for ideas.

I was not a money maker by trade. I retired from assisting in nuclear reactor research at a national lab. But was thinking of a way to help generate money for the club.

I'm a "Johnny come lately" to the Zephyr. I looked for years till I found the one that I wanted and could afford. I have purchased back issues for tech articles which helped me a great deal. I know one can purchase the whole set of past mags for around $300.00. But who needs that much more stuff laying around. If someone who have access to the past pubs could burn them onto several CDs and offer them at a smaller cost I'd be willing to buy them. I have Internet access in my shop so having them there would be worth it. A portion of the profits could be put in the club's bank account.

what do you think?

That sounds like a good idea. Id be interested in a tech article cd. (By the way, I was also in the nuclear reactor field. Always interesting to bump into someone else who was.)

I don't really have an input on the magazine, as I just joined and don't even know when to expect one.

I received my TWOTZ yesterday. Dave Cole explains why it's late. He purposely held off the issue in order to include the Zephyrs/Continentals at Pebble Beach. Great article. I'm glad he waited. Dave also celebrates 25 years of serving our club. I suggest that everyone who reads this sends him a thank you note for his years of awesome service. Send them to: Dave Cole, 1119 So. Speed St., Santa Maria, CA 93454.