THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU

Steve_Mack_CT

Just a quick note of thanks to all Hershey Region members, AACA staff/members, HERCO staff and the many other volunteers as well as vendors, show car owners and anyone else involved in the Hershey meet this year. Sticking it out over Thursday and Friday was no small task and I cannot blame those who moved out early - I saw some vendors lose merchandise and experience other frustrations during the week.

Not once, though, did I encounter anyone having anything to do with the show with an "attitude problem" - from the friendly lady who crosses the day parkers to the food vendors (the Wrights are great people!) and AACA volunteers, all made the best of it.

Putting up with the rain was soon forgotten Saturday - the show was a treat, perfect fall weather, leaves on the ground, a bit of a breeze and the show is unlike what we have locally - made me think of the golden years back on the 70s with rows of prewar cars which made it worthwhile for sure even with the cancellations. Lots of brass and big iron which makes me think those guys traveled far enough to not cancel? Whatever the reason I am glad to have seen that and glad for the participants.

Counting days to 10-8-14...

An answer that I gave to someone is.....

"We have all winter to get the car clean from the mess at Hershey." Either way I went onto the show field Saturday morning knowing that I had a AAA card, a portable winch back in the car trailer, and 4-wheel drive, so I wasn't overly concerned anyways, but was very surprised with what I found.

This year I brought the Jeep with the tow strap. I figured if I got stuck I had something to hook to in order to get me out of the mud, or if I could get out, I could use the strap to pick up a couple of bucks.....

Strangely enough when I got back to the Flea Market spaces, my dad and Greg (who sets up with us) said, "you didn't get stuck?" Of course I said "No" and then I pointed over at the Jeep and said "Do you see any mud on those tires?" Neither one of them could believe that there was no mud on the Jeep at all.

......Needless to say, I hope after the rain from Thursday and Friday, that Saturday's show ends any complaints about Hershey's show field being on grass. When the first show went there in 2006 I had my reservations, but after Saturday, the Hershey Region has made a firm believer out of me. The last major rain I remember seeing at Hershey was in 2005 when the show field was in the Giant Center parking lot.

Hershey has done a pretty good job about reducing the mud for the Flea Market Vendors and show cars.....

I book my room again for next year. Those I considering renting an RV and staying at site next year. Room rent with tax was $200 a night.

Another great year, and weather on Saturday fooled everyone, judging was good the grounds were dry.

Edited by packards42 (see edit history)