1926 Cadillac

addicted to cars

I have just run into the opportunity to purchase a 1926 Cadillac that is in the the middle of a restoration. It it a four door sedan, aluminum bodied, that has a partition window. I am not going to see it until tomorrow so I don't the condition of it but from what I am told it in pretty good condition. Could anyone tell me what it may be from the what I know about it. The owner says it was driven into the shop before it was disassembled. I think it is for a very good price but I know very little about Cadillacs. Pleas help me Cadillac guys!!

I know absolutely nothing about '26 Cadillacs. Even so, your reference to it having an aluminum body caught me eye. Hopefully others will jump in and let us know, but were Cadillac bodies made from aluminum in 1926? If they were, that sure would surprise me.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Many Aluminum bodies are out there-- Yes, Cadillac also.. The 25 Cad here in my shop now has an aluminum body. Cowl is steel and also the fenders. This is the normal way you will find these early high-end cars. Also in the shop now is a 27 Pierce Arrow, aluminum body on that one too. Pierce used some big heavy body castings on the earlier cars as well.