Front door gap on Model A's

Guest ped58

I'm a newbe and I have been looking at pictures of model A's and have been noticing that there is a large gap on the top rear of the front door. Is this normal on enclosed cars, or am I looking at them from a bad angle.

That is not normal. Hinges can bend, doors can spring out of alignment, all sorts of things can cause this. There should be a uniform gap all around the door. My '29 2-dr Sedan had a problem like this on the drivers side door, and new hinges and adjustment solved it. Check the service bulletins for the year of your Model A. There might be a simple fix. 80+ years of wear and tear can cause many problems. Good luck.

You say you've been looking a pictures of cars and notice a gap. So you're not looking at your car specifically. I'm not sure what you mean by a "gap". Model A doors do not close flush with the body. There is a flange that extends over the door opening edge on the sides and top. Perhaps what you perceive as a gap is the shadow of this overhang. I have never noticed any gapping unless a car is in poor condition. Depending on how the door is adjusted( sometimes by just flexing the door itself) the gap between the door flange and body may vary. Model "A's" do not use any door seal,they use a windlace trim( a type of round tubing or sponge cover in cloth) to seal around the inside of the door opening. Rubber bumpers hold the door flange out away from the jamb outside to prevent rubbing and you can see a gap there. Maybe a picture of what you're looking at would help.