Trunk lock/latch Too Far Gone?

rockitdoc

Guest 65Starfire

The lock looks salvageable but the rest is toast... Unless you are a serious sheet metal guy I think you need to find a new assembly...

The lock assemble has always been part of the deck lid. I have not bought and sold any in the last 40 years but In 1959 when I joined the LCOC I was buying and selling Continentals at our upholstery shop in Ohio and the lock usually came with the deck lid. 1941 to 1948 were all the same lid. Rust on the lip was my major problem. Just change the key

assembly and was in business.

Lee

Guest notnow

Boos-Herrel has New Latches .. Go to Page 38 in his Catalogue .Under "Deck & Luggage Compartment" it list Trunk Lock Latch .. A Little Pricey but he has it !!! CH

Boos-Herrel has New Latches .. Go to Page 38 in his Catalogue .Under "Deck & Luggage Compartment" it list Trunk Lock Latch .. A Little Pricey but he has it !!! CH

I know. I think I'll keep looking for a restorable one. So far, I haven't had to lock my lid and it will be a while before I get the car to Amelia Island!

The lock assemble has always been part of the deck lid. I have not bought and sold any in the last 40 years but In 1959 when I joined the LCOC I was buying and selling Continentals at our upholstery shop in Ohio and the lock usually came with the deck lid. 1941 to 1948 were all the same lid. Rust on the lip was my major problem. Just change the key

assembly and was in business.

Lee

I believe you, but now, the value of these parts as separate items has increased to where they are sold piecemeal.

• 2 weeks later...
Scott, have what you need. Still away from home. Will get with you next week. John

John,<o:p></o:p>

Do you have a pair of skirts in decent or reasonably restorable condition? I have the locking mechanisms and stainless trim, but my sheet metal is pretty bad. <o:p></o:p>

The deck lid is just what I was looking for. Thanks. It is going to the media blaster today. I'll finish the bodywork on it next week. Then I need to find a lock mechanism. I have the lock cylinder, but the mechanism under the lid is pretty far gone, as you could see from the forum pics. It would be great if you could help with that bit, as well.<o:p></o:p>Thanks,<o:p></o:p>

Scott

PS: I tried emailing you, but it keeps coming back undeliverable. Just an FYI.