'38 v12 Oil pan bolt torque spec. + one other silly question

Beltfed

I can't find the oil pan bolts torque specification in any of my books. Care to share that with me? Where does one find the torque specs on the many parts I will remove and replace as I go through this car? Other question...is the washer on the end of the oil float painted or natural aluminum? Thanks

I can't find the oil pan bolts torque specification in any of my books. Care to share that with me? Where does one find the torque specs on the many parts I will remove and replace as I go through this car? Other question...is the washer on the end of the oil float painted or natural aluminum? Thanks

somewhere there maybe torque list for the small capscrews such as pan, water pumps dist, etc. are a general snug feel with new lock washers . You don't need1/2" drive

3/8" ratchet is plenty. Put sealer on pan and pan gasket, run up snug, go balck again and snug. I hope the engine is out of the car. Now the critical specs(crankshaft

mains,rod caps, heads, flywheel) can be looked up in "MOTORS"repair or get a copy of "Repair Manual Lincoln V-12 H series 1936- 1947 form#3693,Jan 7,1947

This should be available from one of the clubs venders listed on the website. I used this on my is engine in1965 and it ran for about 35 years.

As per the authenticity Manual -- on the top of float rod ,states '36- '37 silver ball, late '37-' 48 aluminum disk painted red.( I have seen red plastic also)as you

may know this is threaded on ) There are no silly questions, the silly question is the one you didn't think was important enough to ask. Larry