64 Riviera Trunk liner & carpet kit

Guest Dialtone

Guest Dialtone

So I'm looking for both a trunk liner/kit and also looking to replace the carpet in my Riv. So Looking to purchase a new carpet kit. I can't find nothing on a trucnk liner for the car. So does anyone have suggestions or know where I can pick one up from ?

Thanks

D

Guest Dialtone
Why take a chance?

I'm not I'm going to listen to all of you who have more experience than myself. And take your advice.

I have only seen pictures of Clark's interior carpeting but it appears to be completely pre-cut and all you have to do is put it in place and install your seats and door sill plates. The exception to this is the green carpet. This is NOT a molded carpet but rather cut and sewn to fit the floor board. I have a carpet from the manufacturer who provides OPGI with their carpet. It was a shade lighter than the original dark green but it required a whole lot of cutting to fit.

If you haven't read the description of Clark's "cut and sewn" carpets in their catalog, here's what Calvin says about it. "I believe that our cut and sewn carpets are better over all." * In this statement, he's comparing it to the molded carpets.

*Pg. 15.

Guest Dialtone
I have only seen pictures of Clark's interior carpeting but it appears to be completely pre-cut and all you have to do is put it in place and install your seats and door sill plates. The exception to this is the green carpet. This is NOT a molded carpet but rather cut and sewn to fit the floor board. I have a carpet from the manufacturer who provides OPGI with their carpet. It was a shade lighter than the original dark green but it required a whole lot of cutting to fit.

Thank you sir, for your feedback and your personal experience with the carpet that provides OPGI's kit.

Guest Dialtone
If you haven't read the description of Clark's "cut and sewn" carpets in their catalog, here's what Calvin says about it. "I believe that our cut and sewn carpets are better over all." * In this statement, he's comparing it to the molded carpets.

*Pg. 15.

Yes I did read that off their site. I'm waiting for my Clark's catalog to arrive in the mail.

• 11 months later...

Chefcg1,

Go back and re-read this thread from the beginning for sources. You'll always be able to find pictures on Google Images; much quicker than hoping someone will post one. I see this is your first post, take some time to introduce yourself. We're a pretty friendly group and enjoy knowing with whom we're sharing information.

Ed

I ordered Clarks' trunk carpet kit last year. It is first class in every way. It was even lovingly packed for shipment. If I had to do it over again, I might only get the half spare cover. The full cover is a tight fit on my 63. Regardless, their trunk kits are the best. Anything else is a gamble. PRL

In '63, the Riviera had some mid year production changes. One of them was to move the spare tire from the floor to the area under the package shelf. Depending on which style you have will determine which spare tire cover you order. If you have an early production model with the tire on the trunk floor, you order a full cover. If you have a later production model with the tire under the rear deck, you order the half cover.

Ed

Chefcg1,

Go back and re-read this thread from the beginning for sources. You'll always be able to find pictures on Google Images; much quicker than hoping someone will post one. I see this is your first post, take some time to introduce yourself. We're a pretty friendly group and enjoy knowing with whom we're sharing information.

Ed

Sorry I didn't see an introduction post so I'll do it here. I'm Chuck from mount airy nc. Just purchased my 65 riviera last week and I'm anxious to finish up some of these minor issues with the car. I would love to get a carpet for the trunk, but because the previous owner installed a amp where the spare tire sits a was looking to see if the carpet you guys have been talking about will work? Haven't been able to pull up pictures anywhere. I've been able to see the cardboard liner; which I have but only able to install the side pieces because of amp location. I've looked at the catalog but can't seem to locate the carpet liner.

this is probably not the right place to ask, but I'm also looking for some aftermarket wheel info. I'd like to put 20" wheels all the way around as well. I'm going to change out the front brakes to disk. Curious about what wheel specs I need to make them fit with out issues. I know they are a 5x5 lug pattern, but uncertain about wheel hub needs and offset/ back spacing. It looks like I have a tone of room to work with. Looking to spend under $500 a wheel minus tires. Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions! Chuck

Chuck,

Welcome to the forum. We've all been where you are now. That having been said, basically all of the questions you've asked have been asked previously and many guys have responded. The best thing to do is to search the forum for your answers. In the upper right hand corner do an advanced search. Open the tab for a single category search, then limit the search to the Riviera Owners Forum. Chances are it won't take much time before all of your questions have been answered. I'm not trying to put off giving answers, but the original answers are probably answered in more depth and you'll get more out of them than you would to wait and see if someone wants to go through the process again and just gives some highlights. You'll also see more responses in a first time thread than you will the second time around.

Ed

• 2 years later...
On 10/2/2013 at 4:18 PM, RivNut said:

*Pg. 15.

Ed, I purchased Clark's leather upholstery for my 63 Riv. Overall very satisfied all things considered. Service level at Clark's is outstanding. 

One area of concern I have is the leather/vinyl on the seat buttons came OFF the button on three separate occasions. Now the car has to go back for the third time. Clark's supplied new buttons with no questions. Well, bottom line I've ended up making my own buttons from left over material and newly purchased button hardware. The buttons are hard to assemble by hand but, if you stay at it you can make your own buttons that will stay put. I bought a lot of stuff for the interior, weather stripping and found Clark's about as good as it is going to get.