Things for the wife to do.

Luv2Wrench

My wife has very, very graciously agreed to travel with me to Hershey. She has absolutely no interests in cars, much less old cars, so walking row after row through the swap area is not going to happen. We will be there Weds and Thurs and she will have the car. We are probably staying in Harrisburg. I've never been to Hershey before so I really don't know what there might be for her to do.

Any suggestions?

Guest prewar40

There are outlets to the east of the flea market fields as well as the spa at the Hotel Hershey. In addition,

Lititz and Lancaster (southeast of Hershey) both have great shopping and museums. Gettysburg (both the

town and battlefield) is another great option.

Don't forget the Hershey Factory Tour. It's fun, informative, smells wonderful and they'll give her a piece of Hershey's Chocolate at the end just before they send her out through the gift shop. Probably be lots of women there that week.

Plus there are some good antique stores in the area, as well as a tour of the Milton Hershey School. Interesting school started by Hershey himself for orphan boys.

Check out http://www.hersheypa.com/

I think the best way for your better half to get more involved with the old car hobby is to take her into the flea market and forget about all of the shopping stuff... Let her learn the way I did, have her carry all of the parts you buy from the red field to the end of the orange field. If that doesn't get her blood flowing, I don't know what to say...

Frank

I think the best way for your better half to get more involved with the old car hobby is to take her into the flea market and forget about all of the shopping stuff... Let her learn the way I did, have her carry all of the parts you buy from the red field to the end of the orange field. If that doesn't get her blood flowing, I don't know what to say...

Frank

;) - but then I would need a divorce attorney

My wife Susan will be out looking for MG parts. Need a few items for the 48TC and always looking for stuff for the MGBs. She's also looking for any advertising memorabilia. She'll be watching for spark plugs for me as well, so I have an extra set of eyes. She likes the treasure hunt as much as I do so we'll be at the booth long enough to make some more spending money. Drop by and say Hi if you have a chance. If youre spouse isn't interested in hunting stuff or trying to sell the items you forgot to put prices on, send her over to Adamstown for some antique hunting. There are always a lot of great antique markets around the area, even some good ones right there in Hershey.

Terry & Susan

10 years ago, my wife and a few others teamed up and occupy our spots. The seem to enjoy each other's company and sell a few items at the same time. They plan ahead and prepare lunch for the men. All in all, everyone wins. Stop by C4I 25-27 and sit awhile.

Bob Giles

My wife doesn't complain to much as long as I don't complain to much when we stop at fabric and quilt shops when we are on trips. She runs the flea market space for us guys as long as everything is marked. She often gets more for parts because she usually doesn't know how much we will take unless we tell her ahead of time so she usually holds out for the marked price.

My wife thinks my car hobby is a complete waste of time and money and told me once I retired, I'd have to stop going to Hershey because we wouldn't have the money. Yet, she has criticized me for not asking her to go. So, I asked her if she wanted to go and she said "Of course not." Go figure. I put an end to the Hershey discussion by telling her I was going to continue to go to Hershey until I couldn't walk any more and that my going was not up for discussion. Not to hijack the thread, I agree with what's been said. There are plenty of outlets and historical sites around for her to investigate.

My wife has very, very graciously agreed to travel with me to Hershey. She has absolutely no interests in cars, much less old cars, so walking row after row through the swap area is not going to happen. We will be there Weds and Thurs and she will have the car. We are probably staying in Harrisburg. I've never been to Hershey before so I really don't know what there might be for her to do.

Any suggestions?

Jeff,

I've never been able to get my wife to come with me to Hershey for the show, but I know one way that you could get her to go. Get her a chocolate massage at the Hotel Hershey. I highly doubt my wife will ever go, but I'm sure if I did that, she'd keep coming back. With Chocolate World, and all of the other things mentioned, they're all good, but I wouldn't rule out the Chocolate massage... I don't think it's cheap, but sometimes keeping the spouse happy comes at a price....

Thanks again to everyone for the suggestions, we've got a great trip planned. Some of you suggestions were so good I started questioning if I wanted to walk the lots or go with her! I think we both wish we had more time, so maybe we will go again next year.

Thanks again to everyone for the suggestions, we've got a great trip planned. Some of you suggestions were so good I started questioning if I wanted to walk the lots or go with her! I think we both wish we had more time, so maybe we will go again next year.

Hershey is not just for swap meets, all what I listed previously PLUS the AACA Headquarters, the AACA Library, Amish communities nearby and the Harley Davisdson factory in York, there is great country side all around the area. You and you wife could become regulars like we did, both during the meet and at other times too. Just scratch off the 4th of July as a possible vist time because it's busier than the AACA meet.