FS pair of decent 1936 Chrysler Airstream Skirts Hershey Delivery?

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. They are Green I believe. They were repainted at some time and there are chips and a little flaking paint, You would want to repaint them for a project. I can send you photos if you want. I'm headed to Hershey though so it may not be until I come back unless you know of someone going to Hershey that can pick them up for you. Thanks for the interest, Randy

• 1 month later...

Here are some photos of the skirts. Some pitting on the emblems and surface rust more heavy on the back of one than the other. No holes. There is a small sharp dent near the top of one about the size of a #10 machine screw head. I was going to redo them for my Chrysler but found a super nice pair of skirts with like new Chrome for alot more money, So I'll probably do those if I don't sell my car first. They appear to have been a gold color at one time. That's what's under the peeled green paint. post-43003-143142287833_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143142287816_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143142287819_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143142287822_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143142287825_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143142287828_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143142287831_thumb.jpg

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)

Auburnseeker: Thanks for the photos and can understand why you wanted to go with the alternative skirts. Although I am also looking for a super nice set, I may opt to go with a wanting set until I am able to find what you found. Its all a matter of price....where are you at? It Costs you nothing to be honest with what you know for we are both following the same goal. The emblems you show are history without a $500+ rechroming and we are now left with the fender skirts which will need some work and repainting. Forget about shipping, what are you looking at for the two of them? I'm not a haggler,....be honest on your first trip.

Regards,

Bob Williams

Here are some photos of the skirts. Some pitting on the emblems and surface rust more heavy on the back of one than the other. No holes. There is a small sharp dent near the top of one about the size of a #10 machine screw head. I was going to redo them for my Chrysler but found a super nice pair of skirts with like new Chrome for alot more money, So I'll probably do those if I don't sell my car first. They appear to have been a gold color at one time. That's what's under the peeled green paint. [ATTACH=CONFIG]224221[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]224222[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]224223[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]224224[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]224225[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]224226[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]224227[/ATTACH]

Wow I had no idea these things were so common. I was overjoyed when I found a set on ebay a couple of years ago for $500. They were for a 35 Airflow as well but I wanted them for my 35 Airstream. They are the same except for that extra chrome stip on either side of the locking bolt and wing. I had to remove that trim braze the holes , remove the bottom (painted) trim and have it chromed. After a little bodywork and new paint and shipping i was into them for close to $700.

My advise to anyone who needs a set is to grab these and, if a better set comes along in the future, trade up and sell the old ones.

But what do I know ?

Mark

I would really like to get 200.00 for them. I think I paid about that plus I drove 45 minutes each way to pick them up, expecting I would never see another set. I just lucked out and happened to find a set. I buy and sell parts Usually NOS daily for a living so I search alot more than most people for parts for my projects as well as to resell. I never planned on really making a profit on these or selling them for that matter. I bought them because I needed them. I didn't clean the emblems up at all so they may actually be a little better than they look. The trim otherwise is all there and in nice shape. I think they are probably worth that. How many sets of these can still be out there that aren't claimed already for a car. I usually sell everything on Ebay. I just threw these out there hoping to find a buyer that I could deliver them to rather than spend an hour or so boxing the things up. Shipping is a pain in the butt. I ship around 3000 items a year and shun large items like this, You don't make money boxing/crating items. That's the primary reason I haven't tried to really sell them yet.

• 2 weeks later...

They are still available. I had trouble with my daily transportation (truck) and have been getting that diagnosed and back together so boxing the skirts has taken a back seat. I hope to have everything squared away by tomorrow and can work on boxing them. That's why I was trying for a Hershey delivery in the fall. It's alot easier to hand them to someone than to have to securely package them for holiday travel with strangers.

• 2 weeks later...