V-12 Distributor/coil

West Peterson

While on the Glidden Tour last week, I had some troubles with the distributor. In fact, we've been having troubles with it for 15 years. Someone on the tour mentioned that a guy in Florida fits the original case with modern parts and it still looks stock from the outside. Has anyone had experience with this set-up. Pros? Cons? Cost? The car seems to be running fine now, but if there's a better way, next time it messes up I think we're ready to do something more reliable.

West, Skip Haney in Punta Gorda, Florida has been rebuilding colls for the Early Ford V-8 people for years with modern components. The "go to" guy for coil problems. He also does the Lincoln V-12 coils. Something like $200 plus shipping. Usually a week turnaround. Super guy. Contact him at www.fordcollector.com. Does a great job on the v-12 water pumps too. Check with the www.fordbarn website for recommendations about his work and results.

West, Look to the "SOURCES" part of our web site. You will find Jake Fleming. He has worked on my distributer and coil and it works great. He is also a wonderful resource--I have called him a number of times and always come up with an answer. Glenn Lorei