Display of literature for AACA judging

Belvedere

As it is the owner's responsibility to provide appropriate literature if the AACA judging team questions authenticity of your vehicle, where should this material be on the show field? For example, the owner's manual, showroom brochure, or even the shop manual could answer judge's inquiries. Is it acceptable to display this material neatly with the vehicle of should it be kept out of sight?

While not new to the AACA show routine, I'm going for my 34th preservation, I've always wondered what to do with my owner's manual (in the closed glovebox or on the seat)? Is it OK to have my dealer Trim Selector book (pictures only, no swatches) displayed in the trunk along with 1 showroom brochure and maybe 1 small ad for my model Plymouth?

Can the acceptable display on the AACA show field vary depending on your class and award sought. Should display of literature differ if you're seeking Jr/Sr as opposed to Repeat Preservation? How much literature, if any, can be displayed in HPOF or DPC?

Most owner's who wish to display literature lay it out in the trunk of the car. That way, it is easily accessible, easy to secure if you need to walk away, and also easy to protect from rain by simply closing the trunk. Some owner's don't choose to display literature, but keep it with their cleaning supplies where it is hidden but accessible if a judge were to request documentation. The literature that you mentioned would make a nice trunk display in my opinion.