Nash self winding steering wheel clock. Anybody ever seen one?

Looking for information about a Nash Steering wheel wheel clock that I own. Has anyone ever seen any factory literature on it? Seen one before?

The clock itself is made to mount in a steering wheel and wind itself with normal driving. There is a gyroscopic winding mechanism on the back that uses rotary action of turning the wheel and forward and reverse (acceleration and braking) motion also to wind the 8-day clock movement by Maar a Swiss clock company. Time is set by pressing a button on the outside edge at the 1 O'clock position and rotating the face and crystal. There is alsoa red pointer on the crystal that can be lined up with the minute hand to give elapsed time.

I have been collecting steering wheel clocks for 25+ years so I am very familiar with the subject but this is an oddity. In 1951 and 1952 the same clock had Oldsmobile markings on it and was available as a factory option. I have also seen the clock marked only Maar sold for aftermarket use with banjo steering wheel and clamp on mountings. And one with a somewhat crude Chevy bow tie on it. But this Nash clock is very professionally done. The raised Nash logo below center where the second hand is located is fantastic.

Did the company make them up with the various car manufacturers names on them and present them to the accessory buyers when they were trying too sell the option to each manufacturer? Is this a one off? or a relatively obscure run for the manufacturer? Any information would be appreciated!

post-52164-143142182049_thumb.jpg

post-52164-143142182053_thumb.jpg

post-52164-143142182058_thumb.jpg