Yet another '51 Roadmaster question.

Guest Seadog

I picked up a '51 Roadmaster 4 dr sedan. I am going to restore it and was trying to figure out if it is the original color. It is currently light green with a dark green top. The model is 51-72, style 51-4719, body G18802, Trim No 70, Paint No 28 BD, top ACC P. I have Googled and searched the posts here and haven't been able to find the info. I also don't know what color, kind of material, and sewing pattern for the seats. The seats are obviously redone and don't match each other (front/back) now. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

According to my Master Parts Book, code 70 interior shows as "plain grey broadcloth". Paint code 28 is for " Calumet Green", duco code 286-55917 on the upper panel. The lower body panel would be "Glenn Green", duco code 253-55922 the wheels could be the same as the lower panel, but optional was Dante Red. Sorry, I don't know how to read the other codes yet.

Thanks. When you say upper panel, do you mean the upper part of the main body (above the chrome), or the roof? I have seen images of some with one color above the chrome strip and another below. Mine is solid light green on the body and dark green on the top. I appreciate the information.

Thanks. When you say upper panel, do you mean the upper part of the main body (above the chrome), or the roof? I have seen images of some with one color above the chrome strip and another below. Mine is solid light green on the body and dark green on the top. I appreciate the information.

Yours is correct. Pictures??

Ben

Fisher body style number = 4719

4 = Buick

7 = Series 70 (Roadmaster)

19 = 4-door sedan (Riviera), 6-passenger

Body number

G = body built at Flint MI

18802 = 18802th 4719 built at Flint

The letters after the paint code are accessory option codes (ACC):

B = Heater and defroster

D = Radio and antenna (Sonomatic)