1917 Maxwell Car Parts

My Maxwell is fairly reliable, but I remain in search of a 14 inch in diameter 6 bladed fan blade with a wire rim around the outside.

However, what else is out there for parts anyone else would like to sell? I would like to stockpile various parts and have them on hand if needed, as opposed to trying to find something when it is needed and not being able to find it.

• 3 weeks later...

I am STILL in need of a fan blade with six blades and the wire band around the outside. If you do not have it, do you know of anyone who does? I received 2 replies, with pie-in-the-sky prices, and I offered much less, and they both accepted my offer. But neither could produce pictures of what I need, which makes me highly suspect.

Thanks!

Guest mikeburch

mrcvs ...............

I have a fan with the wire (ROD) around it. I do not know what it is off of.

The problem is: My parts are in West Virginia and I am in Florida. If you do not find one, get back to me, in a month or so. It is in very solid condition, being stored, in the dry, since before WWII.

mikeburch

daytonabeach,fl

Here's the two fans I emailed you about. They are both rough and will require a skillful welder and bodyman to save them.

Howard Dennis

The fan blade is IDENTICAL to the one on the right. Does anyone have one just like this? This is what I am seeking. Or, does anyone have any ideas on whom to send it to should I buy that one from Mr Dennis to get it refurbished AND balanced? I have gone to one metal shop in my area and called another two nearby and none are interested in small scale jobs.

MUCH THANKS!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest dftexas
My Maxwell is fairly reliable, but I remain in search of a 14 inch in diameter 6 bladed fan blade with a wire rim around the outside.

However, what else is out there for parts anyone else would like to sell? I would like to stockpile various parts and have them on hand if needed, as opposed to trying to find something when it is needed and not being able to find it.

Hello, i have a 1917 maxwell - good parts car. Engine is not frozen, transmission, rear end in good condition. Fits description of what you are looking for in terms of stockpiling various parts. Located just outside of San Antonio, Tx.

I have a correct fan for your 17 Maxwell. It's a spare and I am willing to sell it. The outside diameter is actually 13 1/2 has 6 blades with ring around it and has the fan support with mounting bolt. My parts book shows it was used from 14 thru early 19 then switched to 4 blade with ball bearings. If interested let me know, I can send pictures.

• 7 months later...
Guest the old car guys

I found a Maxwell engine and other parts yesterday on a farm in MO. The wheels look like a 20s style. The engine is a four banger with a casting mark of 7-14. I'll have pictures up on Theoldcarguys.com website later today. Any information on the parts and their value would be a great help.

I found a Maxwell engine and other parts yesterday on a farm in MO. The wheels look like a 20s style. The engine is a four banger with a casting mark of 7-14. I'll have pictures up on Theoldcarguys.com website later today. Any information on the parts and their value would be a great help.

Spent all day going back and forth to your site and still don't see any Maxwell??????????????

Howard Dennis

I don't know. It's doubtful at that price. There are several versions of Maxwell headlights. Some have chrome or brass rims, some have high and low beam double contact bulbs. The '16 to '20 have unique y shaped saddle mounts. Are the mounts included?I have seen several offers to sell Maxwell headlights that clearly were for something else. If you really want to sell them, I would suggest posting the pictures on this site. My two trucks have plain glass, so I'm not sure what you refer to as Maxwell script and what year it appeared originally.

• 2 years later...
Guest Budsgrampa

I have a 17 touring sedan with a lot of parts. A lot of the sheet metal, frame, axles, top irons. Vehicle is a pile of parts as the vehicle was torn down, restoration started, owner died, new owner sold off most of the parts as he was going to " rat rod it ". I saved it from the scrappers but really have no place to store it. Would like to sell all of it or at this point will sell parts and scrap the rest. Can send pictures. Contact me at jkon1@msn.com for pics or leave a contact number. No drive train parts. I can strap it to a pallet for shipping, or may be able to deliver.