1915 Chandler information, owners manual, Service bulletins ??

GLong

I'm working on a 1915 Chandler 5 passenger touring , I have zero literature for the car. The information for mechanical items is very limited on the internet.

Can anyone provide either photocopies or digital scans/copies of an owners manual?

Did Chandler provide an illustrated parts manual like some car manufacturers ?? If so are there any copies available ??

Has anyone collected Service Bulletins that Chandler Dealers would have received from the factory ??

Any literature, manuals etc or references to where to find them would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to a very helpful Chandler collector, I have a photo copy of a 1915 owners manual, parts and price list as well as some copies of sales literature. The parts and price list is especially helpful, it has many very good cut-away drawings of major components.

I now have a good drawing of the air pump built into the #6 intake valve lifter. I can comfortably take it apart now, and get it pumping air to the fuel tank.

I also now know that I can get the rear wheel and brake drum off the car to inspect the brakes with out having to use a hub puller. The axle is a full floating design. So I will be able to inspect brakes and adjust them soon.

So i have a lot of work to do over the next few day.. I hope to drive the car again in a day or two.

Greg L

Edited by GLong (see edit history)

A quick update: The invaluable copies of literature have helped me get the 1915 Chandler Touring on the road.

I really like this car, it's peppy, steers very nice, the body and chassis are nice and tight.

The clutch and transmission work well.

I'm only short a few items to make the car complete. I hope to see several Chandlers on Friday at Hershey.

Greg L

post-64575-14314221957_thumb.jpg

post-64575-143142219673_thumb.jpg

Edited by GLong (see edit history)