1941 Hup Skylark one of 354

Guest danceswithpumps

Guest danceswithpumps

I attended a car show today in Windsor, Colo. and was taken in by this car shown there by a local 81 year old fellow was the third owner after his brother passed away in the early 1960s. He then restored the Hup. Only 354 Skylarks were made and only 26 are known to exist today. The car won first place in the "Open Class". I thought some of you Hup guys would enjoy seeing this rare car. I'm interested in Hups as my Grandad had a 29 Century and mentioned several stories about the car and said it was the best car he ever owned.

0901131409.jpg

0901131408.jpg

0901131407e.jpg

0901131408a.jpg

0901131407a.jpg

0901131409b.jpg

0901131407b.jpg

Hope you enjoy seeing this car as much as I did.

Rod

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest W.L.VanDierendonck

The floor shifter is probably from using a Model E engine and Transmission and some had overdrive, this from a 1938.

Hub caps and skinny whites are incorrect along with the material for the interior and door panels along with the dash insert which was machine turned.

Guest W.L.VanDierendonck

The shifter is on the column and probably used a 1838 Model engine and transmission which will bolt in nicely and possibly had an overdrive. The hubcaps and skinny whites are not original along with the Dash insert which is machine turned and the fabric for the seats and door panels is incorrect. It is very hard to get a Skylark back to original condition which makes them candidates for street mods. W/S wiper knobs look to be Ford of the 30s and 40s. Sorry to be so critical.