'38 Cord-based work-up

Mahoning63

Continuing the discussion from '33 Berline thread, here's a rough what-if 2+2 coupe based on Cord dies. Rear wheel drive and trans hump like Graham Hollywood. Floorpan mod over rear axle so as not to raise the rear as Hollywood did. Eight might not have packaged but V12 probably could have, which would have made it one of the fastest cars on the market. Ah, Pierce. Wish you were still around.

post-64521-143142171321_thumb.jpg

post-64521-143142171323_thumb.jpg

Found it, thanks. Turns out I stood next to it at the St. Johns show this year, looked the same as the others. Conceptcarz says it had a raised body (looks to be height of the '37 LWB models if the eight grill slats are any guide... the standard '36/37s had seven). Also smoothed trans cover and more rake to grill (not sure what they mean by that). Wonder what month/year E.L. actually gave the order to sell the dies.

Edited by Mahoning63 (see edit history)

I like that! What a great car that would have been in the P-A showrooms for '38! Those would have brought the well-healed buyers back in droves.

I agree, it does need wheelcovers rather than wires, maybe with a different hole pattern around the outside and the nice big Pierce hexes in the center.