1928 Cadillac Boattail Speedster

MikeDeFelice

I'm not sure I would call this a speedster with full fenders and side mount spares. Look like it came from the factory like that. It is a nice car however.

Auburn boattails were called "speedsters" and they had full fenders....

For a 1918-1920 Stutz renamed the Bearcat as Speedster. Full fenders with windshield and while the car with doors was called Roadster, the Speedster had stepover body sides.

Packard in 1929 offered their Speedster line, large 8 engine in small 8 chassis with Phaeton, Roadster or Sedan body. Really stretched the point!

• 2 weeks later...
post-89954-143142191887_thumb.jpgCar was built from Scratch I have attached a pic of where I started. A previous post asked if I had built the car from scratch or if It was a production car. The post has disappeared?? Pic of Boattail under construction.This is the 2nd Boattail. First one was fiberglass.

post-89954-14314218552_thumb.jpg

post-89954-143142191899_thumb.jpg

Edited by MikeDeFelice (see edit history)

I am very confused by this thread... is something missing? The way I read it, the OP is saying that he took what looks like a restored, boat tail Cadillac roadster, threw away the body and made a speedster from the chassis... somehow that just does not make any sense to me.

• 10 months later...