Automobile Quarterly Complete set $1,995

Guest acreatrice

Guest acreatrice

Complete set of Automobile Quarterly from vol 1 No. 1 to Vol 52 No. 1. (Automobile Quarterly stopped sending books after Vol. 52 No. 1 to subscribers).

I can deliver to a maximum of 200 miles from Southampton, NY for a fee of $150 or I can ship through USPS via media mail rate (the cheapest, ask for a quote). Pictures are available upon request.

A friend of mine, long ago, told me "quit subscribing to all the magazines except AQ, it has all the interesting articles you ever need!".

I immediately went out and bought a complete set (this was in the '80's, so a complete set was small!), and subscribed.

I think this is a great deal, because of shipping a set can be a hard sell though. Hope you find a good home for them!

Guest acreatrice
A friend of mine, long ago, told me "quit subscribing to all the magazines except AQ, it has all the interesting articles you ever need!".

I immediately went out and bought a complete set (this was in the '80's, so a complete set was small!), and subscribed.

I think this is a great deal, because of shipping a set can be a hard sell though. Hope you find a good home for them!

Thank you, they are a great read and it is not easy to get a 100% complete set, a few of them are almost impossible to find, I saw some single issues for sale for a $100. Shipping by media mail shouldn't be too expensive, i have to check but I estimate a couple of hundred dollars.

The problem with media mail is that the magazines can have no advertising in them, and unfortunately AQ does have advertising....in the back of some of the later issues...if the post office opened and inspected (which they regularly do on media mail) then the cost skyrockets....

Guest acreatrice

I can do regular mail for later issues, and I can also meet the buyer 200 miles from here in Southampton, NY, you don't see a real full set very often, and I believe the price is fair.

I can attest that Automobile Quarterly is the best automotive

publication, by far. Their research and detail are superb, and

nothing else even comes close.

Earlier this year, I missed getting a complete set in excellent

condition complete with indexes and slipcases, for about $300.

I debated whether I had room for so many books. Even at that

price, the set didn't sell quickly--but it sold before I eventually called!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure that the $300 set, which was said to be

in excellent condition, was a "steal" or not. I figure it

worked out to about $2 per hard-bound magazine.

Since literature dealers these days are often selling them for

$5 a copy, that would allow 100% markup and enough to

pay to carry them around and to afford flea-market rent.

But the research and information contained in Automobile Quarterly's

articles is invaluable!

at $300 a set it was really a steal (even if it wasn't in perfect condition, at $5 by literature dealers that would make the set worth around $1000 (203 magazines), but trying to get a complete set is a different story, and as reflected by the market, you won't find a set for less than $1600 nowadays, and the closing of the publishing company who used to offer back issues doesn't help in completing a full set.

• 9 months later...

I've seen asking prices for Automobile Quarterly

all over the map. I don't know what the selling prices

necessarily were, however.

A month ago, I bought a near-complete set for $325.

It was complete from Volume 1 through 47 (year 2007),

and all of them, even the earliest, were in perfect condition.

Until my offer, the seller had only been offered $300.

This was a different set from the one referred to in earlier posts.

Whatever the price, all the best to you in your sale!

Guest AlCapone

People in this economy just don't have $2000 plus dollars to spend on a pile of books. With so much information available on the internet the demand for books has diminished considerably !

Wayne