Mopar vendors no longer with us?

Guest Henry White

Guest Henry White

I am trying to get a handle on what Mopar vendors have passed on in the last few years or so. I know of the following having left us and if you can inform us of any others please do so.

My good friend Terrance Langdon of Faribault MN left us about a year ago.

I am told that Ron Adair and his wife Wendy of Greenville MI left us some time back.

I read somewhere that the man who ran PLYDO of Delbarton WV has also pass on. I cant recall his name right now, my memory is really bad ever since I lost my father.

Granted, this is a tough subject. May they all rest in peace.

Mike Northcutt of (DODGE CITY VINTAGE) Jamestown Ca. 95327 (USA) past on Jan 2011. Vendor for Mopar parts and cars from the teens to the 60s, Especially the 33 to 35 commercial trucks. He bought out Al Smith of (RAMS ENT) in the early 2000s when Al past. Also bought out Roy Bristors inventory somtime in the mid 2000s, ( teens and 20s cars and parts) when he and his family moved to Arkansas from Ca. Roy past about 5 years ago from a car roll over accident. He was a real cool guy to know. Talk about somebody that would make you laugh, he was it. The Meyers out of Mi. bought the Arkansas inventory. Tom Bryant of (Plydo) i had the pleasure to meet over the years. He was a fine gentleman. I'm a 10 car hauler and I hauled many cars and parts between Tom and Mikes over the Years. Me (Dave Montanbeau) parked my truck to help Mikes wife of (DCV) to continue to run the company. I was raised in Det with my dad being a GM engineer during the muscle car era (50 to 60s). So, I was raised around GM cars.

Never knew much about Mopars.

Edited by countrytravler (see edit history)

Dave, I too grew up in Detroit and my dad also worked for GM for 40 years. We grew up with GM cars and all my new cars have been GM products. But, for some reason, all my old cars have been Mopars, starting with a 1932 Dodge DL that I bought in college and just found and bought back this year. My other Mopars were a 1929 Plymouth Model U, a 1948 Plymouth P-15, a 1950 Dodge Wayfarer sedan and a 1950 Dodge Wayfarer roadster. I remember my wife and I driving up from St. Louis, Missouri to Burchills in Port Huron, Michigan in 1973 to by parts for the 29. They had a full set of NOS hubcaps for the wood wheels, a NOS tail light and many other goodies right on the shelves. I wish it was that easy with my current 32. Those were the days.

• 5 months later...
Guest Henry White

It is with a heavy heart that I inform you of the passing of my good friend MR Leon Wherley ( AKA Capt Mopar ) of Dover PA. A great man of highest ethics and integrity, many of you know Leon and his beloved wife Fern Wherley. For decades they set up each year at fall Hershey, also Carlisle, Macungie, Allentown, Frederick, etc, selling mostly nos Chrysler product parts, and both were quick to make friends or help a stranger in need. Truly someone you called friend if ever you met them.

I am told that Leon slipped on the ice recently, broke his hip, went into the hospital, and passed away at 11:00 on sunday feburary 9 2014 God speed Leon, rest in peace my friend.

It is sad to hear of the passing of Leon. I met him many times at both public sales where auto parts were being sold and at the auto meets Henry mentioned above. He and his wife were a fixture at these event, selling really nice parts at reasonable prices. He will be missed in the MoPar community.

Terry

• 3 months later...