Full Classic for model A money

Guest daytona

Guest daytona

On page 8 of the August Bulletin is the 1938 Cadillac that I just bought, for less than the price in the description. Usually cars are worse than described but this one turned out to be better than described, a pleasant surprise. It was not photographed well or really much of a good description but after finding a fellow CCCA member in the area to look at it and after lots of discussion and pictures I bought the car. When it arrived it turned out to be much better than described. The whole car is very original (even has all the engine pans) except for a quick repaint which I will take car of in time for now it’s very presentable. The interior was covered partly with blankets and I was expecting stuffing coming out or worse, turns out it was just their to stop the Texas sun from destroying the interior. The seats, headliner and carpets are really very good and all original. The door panels have some water staining but don’t look too bad the leather tops are in great shape. I have driven the car only a couple of hundred miles but it drives excellent you can not hear the engine or even tell its running at idle. New brakes and some recent front end work really make it joy to drive at any speed. It will need tires and few other thing but a full classic for Model A money you can’t go wrong.post-62767-143142160268_thumb.jpg

post-62767-143142160213_thumb.jpg

post-62767-143142160241_thumb.jpg

Marty I am looking forward to seeing this one in person. You took another (calculated, and you hedged your bet with a fellow CCCA member willing to help) risk after a less than stellar experiance a few months ago on a distance buy and it really appears to have paid off!

I really like the 60 Special, and see Guy has one for sale right now that looks nice, but the earlier car certainly looks more "30s" to my eye. Congrats - looking forward to a ride...