1929 Stutz Model M Carburetor Info

Guest Saint Peter

Guest Saint Peter

I recently purchased a 1929 Stutz Dual Cowl Phaeton Model M. The manual says it should have a Zenith Carburetor but mine has a Schebler Model S 1-1/4 Duplex on it. Which one is right? Where can I find the correct one? Does anyone have any information regarding either? Please advise. Tom Krukowski 1-219-845-9200

Correct original Carb is diecast Zenith dual throat updraft 105DC. Due mostly to metallurgical factors, there are probably few of these complete and functional on cars. Due mainly to the efforts of one person, the Stutz Owners' Register here in Melbourne had bronze replica castings made in the 1970's, machined, and fitted with the essential components salvaged from defunct originals. Quite a few years ago I made as required about a dozen more. Because many small parts were worn or otherwise damaged, I made new replacement parts including jets to exact size for the original specification, ditto venturis. When I ran out of original floats except for one for my own car , I stopped making these carbs until I was able to make new floats. Since then I believe at least one person has made some of these carbs. I have no knowledge of these. I can tell you all the size details appropriate to different models. We had reason to believe that original diecast carbs were painted black.