1947 Woodie

Guest Mhalter

Guest Mhalter

I have a very nice 1947 Ford Woody. I have a couple questions

1. Does it make sense to go from 6 to 12 volt?

2. Where can I get a new windshield

3. Where is the best place to get the dash repainted

Thanks

Are you running a stock running gear? If you decide to convert to 12V. you will have to change other parts in your electrical system. You can get flat glass from your local windshield shop, I can provide you with a pattern if you need one. Are you talking about painting your dash or woodgraining it, big difference.

Guest Mhalter
Are you running a stock running gear? Yes If you decide to convert to 12V. you will have to change other parts in your electrical system.I am thinking that it is not worth the trouble unless there is a real big advantage You can get flat glass from your local windshield shop, I can provide you with a pattern if you need one.That would be great Are you talking about painting your dash or woodgraining it, big difference.

I would like to woodgrain it-- it is currently woodgrained

About the glass-- I am having the car painted. In order to do a great job they want to remove the windshields. But they want to be sure if for some reason one breakes I can replace it. I thought at the same time i would replace the gaskets

I got my parts wood grained by a company in Fla., I found them in Hemmings. I can't find the address but if you go to Hershey you will find several wood grain companies in the flea market with samples of their work. I don't believe you can remove your windshields without cutting the gaskets so you must replace them. Don't rely on the gasket only, use windshield sealant under the outer lip of the gasket. I replaced mine and used a gasket from Bob Drake and it leaks.