I need a photo of the 27 model 50 cowl lights

Guest My27ChryslerModel50

Many may know Im restoring my dads 27 Chrysler Model 50.. We stopped working on it 20 years ago he since passed and now I started the project in April.. The car was dismantled and stored... My original cowl lights had the bezels missing that were replaced with Copenhagen snuff covers that were wired to the drum with a circle cut in the center and piece of glass behind it for the light bulb to shine.. I never knew what the bezel should look like.. I manged to buy various sets of cowl lights at car meets in the hopes it was the correct ones but I was advised they were wrong however I do have one set that might be correct... Can anyone post a photo these cowl lights? any help will be appreciated...

Thanks!

Edited by My27ChryslerModel50 (see edit history)

They look like the head lights.

I will try to get over and take a photo later this week.

They have the ribbon design on the face of the bezel like the head light?... Ill wait for your photos...........

Thanks!

Try to post pictures of the cowl lights that you have. Some one will help ID them and they also might be interested in the other cowl lights that you have. Including me.

Just saying.

Good luck with the car and keep her original. (if you can).

Bill H

1930 Chrysler CJ-6

Ill post this pics sometime soon.. Yes she is about 99% original..

Many may know Im restoring my dads 27 Chrysler Model 50.. We stopped working on it 20 years ago he since passed and now I started the project in April.. The car was dismantled and stored... My original cowl lights had the bezels missing that were replaced with Copenhagen snuff covers that were wired to the drum with a circle cut in the center and piece of glass behind it for the light bulb to shine.. I never knew what the bezel should look like.. I manged to buy various sets of cowl lights at car meets in the hopes it was the correct ones but I was advised they were wrong however I do have one set that might be correct... Can anyone post a photo these cowl lights? any help will be appreciated...

Thanks!

Ive updated my story with items I forgot to mention...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]210842[/ATTACH]This is a cowl light on a '27 model 50but I can’t vouch for its authenticity.

I could be wrong here, but I am pretty certain that the ribbon design on the cowl lamps was last used on the 1926 Model '58'. Here is a 1927 Model 50....sorry about the poor photo.

post-37352-143142161311_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Like I said I can’t vouch for its authenticity. It’s on a Canadian made ‘27 in our club with a Bud body. Some times Chrysler had leftover parts from the previous year and shipped them to Canada to be used on the new models so we can never be that sure of things.</SPAN>

Thanks for the photos, discussions and explanation guys!.. If anyone out there has cowl lights that they know its original and different from the ribbon style bezel as in this photo please post your photos.. Thanks so much!

Thanks keiser31 for photo's and EbAy search... I still have the original cowl lights minus the bezels.. Although these look similar but they seem to be smaller and have screw in the back.. I already have 2 other no matching sets thinking it was the correct ones, I just dont want to make a colection of cowl lights... I will post my original lights up soon... Again anyone out there please post photos of your cowl lights for this model car...

Thanks!

Thanks keiser31 for photo's and EbAy search... I still have the original cowl lights minus the bezels.. Although these look similar but they seem to be smaller and have screw in the back.. I already have 2 other no matching sets thinking it was the correct ones, I just dont want to make a colection of cowl lights... I will post my original lights up soon... Again anyone out there please post photos of your cowl lights for this model car...

Thanks!

bump... :)