Who's Going to Hershey 2013?

John

Yes, since registration officially closed on the 15th of August, it's about time we start pointing our attention a little bit more to Chocolate Town and the first full week of October. I know that there will likely be a compilation list coming up, but for now, I am planning to make my way over on Tuesday 10/8, attend the swap meet from the 9th through the 11th, and for a change of pace this year, am leaving the '62 Olds Starfire at home, and bringing my '62 Olds Dynamic 88 Fiesta Station Wagon to its inaugural Fall Hershey event. I had mentioned it to a few folks last year that I finally have it back and at least running and presentable, and wanted to have a little different of an experience on the show field this time around, and something a little different for people to stop by and check out. post-49040-143142145027_thumb.jpg

post-49040-143142144999_thumb.jpg

Guest Art Griffin

Ill be working a couple of shifts at various AACA Membership Booths. And I will also judge on Saturday.

Art Griffin

We'll be there buying so bring lots of obscure NOS parts price them right and I'll be stopping by your space for sure. Radio Delete plates are great as well. That's a good way to lure me in. Of course those old Mopar as well as black and yellow GM boxes usually do the trick too. I buy all types though so just make sure you have them in sight from the aisle. Box lots are even better.

MY THIRTIETH CONSECUTIVE YEAR IN THESE CHOCOLATE FIELD SPACES --- CG 32,33,34 !![/

Beside my CG-32-33-34 spaces, I'll be spending time with the Membership Booths on Chocolate, Green, and Show Fields, as well as Judging on Saturday.

Serving on your Board, as well as VP-Membership is a most rewarding experience, and allows me to meet so many wonderful, dedicated, and generous individuals.

I look forward to meeting more of you personally. When you see me hurrying across a field, stop me and introduce yourself. I want to put faces with the names of you, whose comments I look forward to, day by day.

Edited by Marty Roth
add text (see edit history)

While Marty is hurrying across the fields and going to meetings, I will be spending lots of my time "minding the store" in Spaces CG-32-33-34 in the Chocolate Field. I will also be spending a bit more time than usual walking the fields this year as I have a few items to find for my recently purchased 1954 Buick Special. I will have lots of Model A Ford Stuff, some Pre-War Chevrolet Stuff, a few Ford Mustang parts, a lot of miscellaneous old car parts and literature and lots of stuff in the Dollar Boxes in Space CG-34. I will close up on Friday evening because I will be judging on Saturday.

My friend that I go to Hershey with and I were talking about it tonight. We're psyched as usual. I decided to enter my '72 LTD in HPOF at the last minute but I made sure my entry was postmarked before the 15th. I've been doing my exercises so hope I'm not plagued with the Plantar Fascitis that has bothered me the last couple of years. I still feel it, though, when I'm on my feet a lot. Last year, I had to quit walking the fields by Friday noon and I only managed to cruise the car corral twice when I normally walk it twice a day.

I'll be heading to Hershey for my second year. Pulling my 24' enclosed trailer with some goodies for the horseless carriage guys. Anyone needing some items hauled from PacNW to Hershey, check out my posting in the Towing Available forum. Vending in the Red Field RWG 30-31, about 4 aisles directly south of the HCCA HQ Tent.

post-30748-143142156491_thumb.jpg

post-30748-143142156486_thumb.jpg

Planning to come to Hershey again this year. Once I know my work schedule, then I will know which day(s) I will be there.

This will be my 10th year at Hershey. Still a newbie compared to many here. Time does fly by doesn't it?

Bob, are you bringing the 12 T to run around with? Susan and I will be across from the crab cake vendor again over in front of the Giant Center GCC5-6 on the corner. Come visit and bring some old spark plugs!

Oh, if I'm not there when you stop that means I'm out shopping, visiting, or signing up some new members.

Isn't it about time we started checking the weather forecast?

Terry

I'll be hanging around the HCCA tent a lot of the time. Going to the HCCA board meeting at the museum Tuesday night. Helping out with the HCCA barbecue on Friday. If Saturday's weather's good, I'll drive a 1912 Buick from my son's home in Lititz (about 28 miles south) to the show field; I'll park it in my judging class with a DNJ sign on it so I don't have to detail the beast. (I've driven it over 900 miles since getting a senior at Carlisle, and it shows!) Sunday and Monday I'll be driving in the HCCA/Snappers Hershey Hangover tour.

Last year there was a push to get a potful of E-M-Fs to the show field. Does anyone know how many E-M-Fs are signed up?

Gil Fitzhugh the Elder, who (regrettably) has no E-M-F, though his son has one that will be on the field if the weather's good.

Gil, we'll be seeing a lot of each other, I think.

I'll be there, too. Attending the HCCA meeting on Tuesday, hanging around the HCCA tent and helping with the barbecue on Friday.

My father will have his 1910 Ford and I will have our 1911 Paige-Detroit both on the field Saturday. Both will be 'do not judge' cars. He's staying for the Hershey Hangover tour.

Feel free to stop by and say hello.

• 2 weeks later...
Susan -Shop rat-puts a list up .Very detailed.Not sure when she starts the list,or if she will.Thats a great deal of work.Hope all is well?

Sorry folks but there won't be a list this year. We were gone for three weeks out west, were home for a week but had to do a quick turn around to go to the races at Bristol. While we were out west several items on our new 2013 5th-wheel camper trailer broke or stopped working correctly. So we had to unload a bunch of stuff so that the dealership could work on it. Not everything is fixed even now. We went and picked the trailer up today to re-load it for the Hershey trip.

I just am not up to all the work it takes to do the list. And last year not that many people, compared to years past, posted their info. Hopefully next year without the trip west I will have the time and energy to do the list for 2014.

See you folks there.