Seemed natual

DAVES89

Just tonight I was cruising on County Trunk N north of Kaukauna and I saw a Reatta approach me heading north. We didn't flick lights or anything just a casual wave to each other and then we were past each other. He was in a white coupe and me in my Red.

Pretty cool...

Dave, you should feel extremely lucky if you got a wave. The only other local Reatta owner that I've ran into acted like I was stalking him when I followed him into the driveway of a business where he parked. I was expecting to talk Reatta stuff with him and get to know him but he just gave me the cold shoulder, had very little to say, and then walked inside the business. I stood there by myself for a minute wondering what happened before I drove away. Maybe someone had already told him about me. haha lol

Guest HessLakeGuy

Almost the same exact thing happened to us yesterday. A blue 1989 Reatta parked ten feet from my driftwood car at the Post Office, and when we asked the owners bout their car they acted like we were stalking them. Then

finally the lady did tell us that her car is so nice because they don't drive it in the winter---that's about all she would say.

Their car had some kind of mag wheels on it which gave it a unique look.

Tom

OK so I saw the car again. I was heading south on 41 [a four lane divided highway] and I am in the left lane. He is heading north in the left lane so we pass about 50 feet apart. His is a white coupe with black belt. He was wearing a yellow shirt almost the color of a highway worker. Drivers side window is down, and he waves.

Somehow I am starting to feel like Richard Dreyfuss in American Graffiti looking for the white t-bird with Suzanne Summers in it...

Guest Richard D

I live in Miami Fl.. There were quite a few Reattas here when I bought my first one in 1990. Now I will get young drivers asking me about the Reatta at fuel stations, grocery stores, etc. I have not seen another Reatta on the road for over a year .

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest PontiacDude210
I think at one time Barney listed Michigan as the #1 place to see lots of Reattas, particularly Genesee County (Flint).

The annual Sloan Museum Auto Fair typically draws 20-25 Reattas.

I see LOTS of them tooling around during the good weather months.

It seems very strange, that having lived in MI for my whole 22 years of existing, that I've never seen a single Reatta in Muskegon or Grand Rapids. I took mine on a road trip to Cadillac and before that Lansing and never saw another. I saw 2 in Grand Haven, a red and a white coupe and later I tracked the red down to a used car lot and bought it. Maybe it would be worth the trip out to Flint to see other Reattas in person.

Yep.....lots of them on display at the Sloan Museum Auto Fair......June 27th & 28th.

The show typically draws around 600 classic cars, but almost always around 20-25 Reattas, all parked together in one spot on the show field.

I know most of the owners personally and will attest they are a bunch of great folks!

Y'all come!

• 2 months later...

OK Almost the same thing again only this time with a Red in my town of Menasha. We were driving towards one another and coming up on a set of Railroad tracks. He got to the tracks just before I did, I waved and so did he and then we were past each other.

Interesting sidebar is that just last week I was in my Property/Casulty Insurance Agent's office to switch the insurance on the Reattas, and she was telling me of a client who just insured a 1988 Red Reatta with her. Maybe that is the car.

This past weekend I spotted a black '88 parked at a local restaurant. It was the second Reatta I've seen around here in the 7+ years I've owned my Reatta. I stopped to look at it but I didn't want to disturb anyone's dinner so I left a note with my name and number telling them to visit ROJ. Probably will never see it again.