1928 Chandler Eight (negative or positive ground)

Guest bobgould

Guest bobgould

I have been working on a 1928 Chandler straight eight and acording to the ampmeter the car has been running with a negative ground and indicates a reverse reading, I changed the ground to positive and flashed the field on the gen and car seems to respond admirably, can anyone verify my change

of grounding? bobgould@myway.com ,thanks<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Guest bobgould
According to the NATIONAL SERVICE MANUAL. the 1928 Chandler's were all Positive Ground.

1. Thank you so much it had to be but a little back up is reinforcing, thanks again Bob Gould

What model number is your car?

I purchased a dist cap for my 31 6 cyl Hupmobile from my local NAPA store.

They apologized that I would have to wait 2 days till they got in in from the warehouse.

I was surprised they knew which one I needed and even had one anywhere in stock.

Another source is get a Hemmig's Mag and look for a vendor advertizing dist caps.

Guest bobgould

I am not sure where to find model number but I will look further in the morning and try napa monday, thanks for the info.

• 3 months later...

Hello,

Do you know if your 1928 Chandler Eight is listed in the data base of all known Chandler and Cleveland autos that the Chandler Cleveland Motor Club has? If you could send the serial number along with your name and location, it could be added to the list.

Thank you,

H. Wintz