1928 Pontiac chassis, parts, etc. available

Guest pump1024

Guest pump1024

Hello and thanks for any responses! Unfortunately, my shop recently burned down and along with the shop, my 5 antique and classic cars/trucks were mostly destroyed as well. My reason for posting here is to determine if there is any need or want of 1928 Pontiac drive-line parts, fenders, headlight buckets, disc wheels, bumpers (front and rear), etc. Keep in mind that the car was burned and most of the thin "cladding type" metal parts were damaged beyond repair. I did want to look for anyone who might be interested in any parts, etc. before I remove what is left to the scrap metal yard! Hope someone can use these parts as I hate to just scrap them....Parts located in NE Texas.

post-95746-143142135627_thumb.jpg

post-95746-143142135654_thumb.jpg

post-95746-143142135664_thumb.jpg

post-95746-143142135673_thumb.jpg

Guest kaycee

Hi,

Does the engine happen to have the long box shaped heater on the top of the exhaust manifold that goes into the firewall to heat the interior of the car? It has a "snout" coming off the long box that goes into the firewall, and I just need the box. Is the engine any good? I'll see if I need other things . Thanks!

kaycee

Guest pump1024

Kaycee...Sorry, but there is not a heater box on the engine. It did not have one when I acquired it and has a cover on the firewall where I assume the pipe went through. The engine did not have fire directly on it, however, the heat was very intense and wiring, spark plug wires, etc were all destroyed. Various aluminum/pot metal parts were also damaged. As far as the block, heads, carb, distributer, etc. they should be okay as they are heavy iron or steel. The transmission, torque tube, rear end, drums, brake components and all seem okay but are covered in a light rust from being exposed to the elements. I will try to get out tomorrow and take a few photos of the engine compartment, drive train, fenders and such to post here. Tracy

Guest pump1024

here are some pictures of whats left... let me know if anyone has an interest in any or all of them! Thanks for looking, Tracy.post-95746-143142145251_thumb.jpg

post-95746-143142145164_thumb.jpg

post-95746-143142145175_thumb.jpg

post-95746-143142145185_thumb.jpg

post-95746-143142145195_thumb.jpg

post-95746-143142145204_thumb.jpg

post-95746-143142145213_thumb.jpg

post-95746-143142145223_thumb.jpg

post-95746-143142145232_thumb.jpg

post-95746-143142145242_thumb.jpg

Hello pump1024, man oh man, really sorry. You don't list which part of the country you are in. A friend is trying to restore a 29 and some parts would probably fit from the Pontiac. The disc wheels are cool, his are wood and not in very good condition. That would mean he would need the drums, hubs, wheels, and rims.

Guest pump1024

Thanks Art S for the interest... I am located in N.E Texas (as stated in my original post at the end..) Between Dallas, Texas and Shreveport, Louisiana just off of I-20 near Longview, Texas. Hope your buddy is close and can use some of these parts! Tracy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ozyshed

Hi, I'm after the rear bumpers & brackets from the Pontiac that's pictured, as well as the oil cap from the engine. And if you have one, the tail light bracket too.

• 1 month later...
Guest Trent Osborne

Dear Sir,

Good day. Sorry for your loss. I am interested in your grille shell, hood, headlight buckets, and lightbar. Do you think they might be restorable? Will you ship? First time on this forum, I'm not sure how this might work.

Respectfully; Trent

PS, If I need to come to Texas, please let me know.

• 1 month later...
Guest Paul Manuel

I am interested in the engine/trans assemblies if you still have them. I am in Lake Charles and would drive up to you if its still there. Please advise.

Guest pump1024

WOW! So sorry Paul, I JUST took the remains of the chassis, engine, transmission and rear end/drive shaft to the scrap yard LAST TUESDAY!! Bummer...so sorry again, hated to see it taken off of my trailer and scrapped especially for being so old. Thanks for the interest and sorry again about the timing!

I don't know how the scrap yard works, but it is Jenning's Scrap & Salvage in Longview, Texas (903) 753-6472 and they may have a way to retrieve it if someone wants it???