Assembly of a 1929 Basket Case???

I'm thinking about this and not having any experience with Chrysler automobiles I'm asking the pros. My experience is restoring Model A Fords, one partial and one ground up restoration. If I tackle this Chrysler I do not think the documentation, parts availability will exist that is there for Fords. I would love to be wrong on this. What can I realistically expect?

If you post photos of your problems/concerns along with your progress I think there may be some help here.

You will not find a catalog with every part listed like Model A's or Mustangs but parts are out there.

Post some photos so we know what body style you have. ( Model 65, 75, 80 ? )

Unlike a model A, you will have to search for some parts. '

If you haven't gone to Hershey in October, this will be the time of your life.

If you can get lodging in easy driving distance, I suggest you take Wed, Thur, & Fri to make Chrysler contacts.

Charlotte in April is smaller by also good for parts.

I have a friend who has restored several cars of the 60's & 70's, then he spent 3 plus years doing a 1923 Paige touring car.

With the exception of the fame, everything came home in a pickup.

There were a few critical parts missing causing delays in completing. Most he found, and a coupe had to be made.

The car has it's Junior, Senior, and preservation awards and looks wonderful.

I believe parts for your Chrysler will be easier to find.

You can probably take 2 or 3 years to have a showroom condition car.

Best of luck & have fun.

With the internet, you can find nearly any part for the car....eventually. There are parts out there. You will soon gain a network of people with like cars and have little difficulty in finding what you need. The wood will be a challenge if you do it and you are not a professional at it. That will probably be the toughest part and the most expensive part of the restoration if you have a woodworker do the job for you. You can always get with one of us here for the correct process of assembly or for parts needed. John

Hey Guys, thanks to all of you, I've already made a bunch of good friends here at the AACA. Everyone I've called has taken a genuine interest in my quest and taken as much time as they could to advise me regarding 1929 Chrysler cars to which I'm a novice. My experience has been in Model A Fords and their restoration. But back to you guys, again thank you so much for your time and help.