Universal Joint ?

Guest Ragman

Guest Ragman

Greetings,

I am putting a 1928 Plymouth ( I apoligize to you Chrysler guys!) back on the road.

I am searching for a universal part that may be the same as used in the late '20's Chrysler.

It is the splined spider flange that connects the the tranny to the front universal.

Please see the pic attached. The part I need is in the center of the emergency brake drum.

The three spiders are obviously broken off in the pic.

Does anyone have this part? Any ideas, comments, or sources are more then welcome.

Thank you,

SteveGpost-77643-143142134377_thumb.jpgpost-77643-143142134377_thumb.jpg

ps Pic posted twice, sorry.

Greetings,

I am putting a 1928 Plymouth ( I apoligize to you Chrysler guys!) back on the road.

I am searching for a universal part that may be the same as used in the late '20's Chrysler.

It is the splined spider flange that connects the the tranny to the front universal.

Please see the pic attached. The part I need is in the center of the emergency brake drum.

The three spiders are obviously broken off in the pic.

Does anyone have this part? Any ideas, comments, or sources are more then welcome.

Thank you,

SteveG[ATTACH=CONFIG]207886[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]207886[/ATTACH]

ps Pic posted twice, sorry.

It appears that your brake drum is not broken. The spline for the transmission is. The spline that fits the tranny has three lobes that match the three holes in the brake drum and is similar to the end of the driveshaft. The sequence of assembly would be the tranny spline, the brake drum, the fiber u-joint and then the driveshaft (bolted to the opposite 3 holes in the u-joint). </SPAN>

post-76387-143142134548_thumb.jpg

Guest Ragman

Great! That looks like the one.

If you will sell it, just tell me what you need for it and i'll send FedEx Ground to pick it up.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you,

SteveG