Peerless--Pierce-Arrow meet

Richard Lichtfel

August 23,24 & 25 the Peerless Motor Car Club and Pierce-Arrow car club are have a joint meet at the Gilmore Museum at Hickory Corners Michigan. I have heard from a few Peerless owners that are coming but not bringing their cars. I hope we will have a good turn out of Peerless cars. We will be giving some net gifts to Peerless owners that bring their cars. I am bringing my 1916 and a display of the original,tools and paper work that came with the car including the dealer check list. Hope to see you in Gilmore. RHL

The Green Dragon,

I trust that the owners of the 1909 Model 25 Roadster...and the owner of the 1927 Model 6-60 Sedan -- both in Michigan -- appear with their great Peerlesses!

Any word from those other Wisconsonites with the two different 1923 Touring Cars and the Master 8 Cabriolet? Great to hear you're going the extra mile, literally, and bringing the oldest-known Peerless V-8...your 1916 Model 56 Touring!

Used to be a lot of Peerless models in Illinois, but not so many now with the passing of Roscoe Stelford 30 years ago. The owner of a Universal Studios movie car, a 1929 Straight 8 7-Passenger Sedan, said he's bringing his car.

Talked to Mr. Linkletter with the 1931 Straight 8 Coupe (that was in Wisconsin for 75 years) yesterday. He's bringing his car. He may be driving it all the way from Canada!

There are a few Peerlesses in Ohio. I called someone there who may bring 1 or 2 from the S.E. part of the state. Any Peerless from the Crawford Auto-Aviation Museum(1905, 1914, 1932) would be welcome, it goes without saying.

All for now! ----Jeff

Edited by jeff_a
improved (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

The Peerless-Pierce-Arrow meet is over and it was very successful. We had a good turn out of Peerless cars and owners. We even were able to have a board of directors meeting where we were all present and discussed the future of the Peerless Club and the publication. The future looks good and we are picking up new members. The board wants to do an annual meet in different parts of the country, and that would be good if we can get members in the different areas to help set it up. We also need to have members send in articles about themselves and their Peerless Cars. We need this information to keep our Co-Operator interesting. RHL

I agree with you. There are a lot of great cars, great stories and great people out there who have them. With 107,000 Peerless cars and trucks on the road over the years, there must have been a million people who have driven them. I know you have been doing your part, driving them for 60 years now!

I got to go the Peerless/Pierce-Arrow Meet, too. Great to talk to you in person as well as everyone else! I now have doubled the number of Peerlesses I have seen. Peerless stopped making 4-cylinder cars a hundred years ago -- but I got to sit in one. Never had seen a Peerless V-8, but saw three at the Gathering at Gilmore. Never had seen any Peerless straight eight cars -- but saw two. Even got to ride in a 1917 Pierce-Arrow(all day) and drive a 1937.

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)