Your opinion: What's my next Buick going to be?

Guest Lasse

Guest Lasse

Hi all,

i'm facing a bit of a dilemma here and I would value opinions and input on the following:

I drive a -63 Riviera, and absolutely love it as it is, a very nice and gentleman-like cruiser. However, the beast in me who is always craving for more power, more smoking tires and more disappointed BMW drivers at traffic lights is raising it's head. And his nagging voice is starting to take effect.

What I think I want is:

- A Buick from the early seventies to mid-eighties

- Equipped with an engine which has good possibilities to be turned into a street monster (350/455/?)

- With a tranny capable of handling a bit of power

- Hard top

- Doesn't need to be very flashy, can be a bit of a Sleeper

- OR a Riviera of that era, If they fullfill the other points

- Still moderately priced, so not an ultra-collectible (so I'll still have cash to pour into performance parts!)

- Not going for the strip, just street

What am I looking for here? Suggestions or insights? What engine do I want to build up?

Thanks!

Lasse

Pick up a clean last generation Riviera. Toss the 3.8 and subframe. Put in a late '90's Camaro subfrane and convert to RWD. Use a Jag XJ6 rear end and snuggle a '70 or '71 455 under the hood. I'm toying with the idea myself.

You could always take the easy way out and stuff a FWD Impala SS assembly under a Riviera or an Eldorado. The 5.3 is nice in those cars.

Bernie

Lasse, maybe I should make two; one for export?

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)

Guest Lasse

God damn Bernie, you lost me right about the Jag rear end. Sounds awesome in all it's complicated glory. If you make two AND make the other one pass the opressive and depressing car inspection laws in Finland, I'll buy it off you.

Keith, a 87 turbo Regal would definetly be nice, but the prices on those are starting to be rather nasty.