Did you buy two of those large lots of Mercer photos on ebay?

ersatzS2

I bought the other two lots. That was some heroic bidding! Seller must've been ecstatic. Obviously this was a huge collection assembled by Herb Royston when he was head of Mercer Associates. I wish the seller had mentioned that in the listing. If you bought the other two lots, I'd like to compare notes and possibly do some swaps back and forth. There were some real prizes in there. Here are a couple in period Raceabouts.

post-71557-143142121417_thumb.jpg

post-71557-143142121427_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
If any of you happen across any further recognizable photos of my Mercer Like the one Stan had at hershey in 2011 I would love to see it. attached photo is the one Stan had. The cowl lights are a dead giveaway.[ATTACH=CONFIG]246493[/ATTACH]

I think maybe so, but I will look again. TK bought the other batch, I will ask him as well. Pretty distinctive 'in period:' the cowl lamps, folding top, hefty bumper, drum headlights, correct top stanchions, contrasting color wheels. Welcome back from sea!

• 2 years later...

to those who purchased the Herb Royston photos i am looking for photos of two cars.

1922 Series 5 sporting with special order brass trim S#17990/E#6351the car was originally owned by Joseph Herzman till 1949 then Carl Bjelland then Ed Gibes. In 1955 the then owner Carl Bjelland sent color photos to Herb Royston.i have attached Royston's reply and a picture of the car today. At some point the special order brass grill was painted then nickeled. any photos from any point in it history would be helpful.

Also looking for pictures of John Roberts series 5 raceabout S#5111 the  car was in the 1949 glidden tour. wile there were photos on eBay of the 1949 glidden tour the mercer was not among them. i was hoping someone in this forum may have purchased it. Stan has a copy of a photo of the car with the prior owner to Robert's, C.F. Greiner taken in 1923 looking to see if Royston had the original photo?

1922 mercer royston letter 1.jpeg

1922 mercer royston letter2.jpeg

4b5584_32a8d3d3296f47d19603666eb897cc5b.jpg