Photos from the 2013 Forest Grove Concours d'Elegance

MarrsCars

This isn't specifically an AACA event but there were many cars displaying their CCCA and AACA creds at the event as one would expect. American Royalty was the theme this year with many fine cars on the field. BTW, the little race car #54 in the gallery competed at both the first Rose Cup races and the first Pebble Beach races. Enjoy!

Moto Arigato: 2013 Forest Grove Concours d'Elegance Recap in Pictures

Guest Rob McDonald

Great photos, particularly the details. The dappled light through the trees makes many of these shots special. That 300SL roadster with a hardtop is really attractive. The Forest Grove Concours is yet another reason I need to live in Portland some day.

WOW! REALLY sorry to have missed that show. Thanks very much for sharing those beautiful cars with us.

We do have another Concours coming up just 10-15 minutes away from Portland this Sunday. It's the Columbia River Concours d'Elegance and it takes place along Offier's Row at the Fort Vancouver Historic Site in Vancouver, WA. We have never attended that one but may make the trip out this time.

Marrs, thanks for posting. You have a great eye for the camera! Took the liberty of posting on the BW R107 forum, of course passing credit appropriately! :)

Hi Steve and thanks for spreading the news! I must pass photo credit along to my buddy Ken Zuleger who really is the talent behind the lens, all the photos in that post are his, but cool stuff for sure. Glad you enjoyed that little peek, it truly is but a sampling of the amazing metal we saw that day.

I went to that one in 1978. It was a very impressive display. I wonder how many of the cars that were there in 1978 were there again 35 years later. I must dig out my photos (slides) and get them put on disc so that I can look at them. I still remember some of the cars I saw there, like the Stovebolt Special - BillTibbetts004BillPollackHWMChevy and the Packenberg, a 1931(?) Packard roadster with a Duesenberg engine. Does that car still exist? Or has the engine been retruned to a Duesenberg?

Guest Rob McDonald
the Columbia River Concours d'Elegance and it takes place along Offier's Row at the Fort Vancouver Historic Site in Vancouver, WA.

I discovered Fort Vancouver when I was in Portland last fall. Very surprised to discover that it was a Hudson's Bay Company trading post, contemporary with the one that founded my hometown of Edmonton. It later became a military base. The stately homes along Officers' Row will make a spectacular backdrop for a car show, with a sweeping view of the river valley. The short drive would definitely be worth your while.

I still remember some of the cars I saw there, like the Stovebolt Special - BillTibbetts004BillPollackHWMChevy and the Packenberg, a 1931(?) Packard roadster with a Duesenberg engine. Does that car still exist? Or has the engine been retruned to a Duesenberg?

The Packenberg is still around and was at this show! It still has the Duesenberg engine and they had a nice display setup explaining it all.

Edited by MarrsCars
Correction: Still has Duesenberg engine not Packard engine (see edit history)

• 11 months later...
Guest lundbergvette

The packenberg is owned by Brent McKinley in the Pacific northwest. Any questions about this car let me know.